Alpine Wildflowers

Alpine Wildflowers

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Flora, Scenery

Against All Odds

I’ve done desert wildflowers and wildflowers of the Southern Appalachians, so why not the third realm of blooms that I love so--- the alpine? Some of the hardiest, most beautiful flowers in the world grow and cavort in one of its harshest realms--- the cold, windswept world above treeline.

I ask for your help here in making this a great album. Although I have a few images of my own, I do not have enough to do justice to the idea of this album. Please add your own, and I ask just three things of you:

1. Only attach images of flowers you found ABOVE or VERY NEAR timberline (as in that zone where a few stunted trees still hang on). That is the spirit of the album. If you have a shot of a glacier lily, for instance, that you took in a forest, do not attach it just because that species grows above treeline.
2. Do not submit blurry pictures, pictures in which the flowers are too small to make prominent subjects, or “carpet” shots. I like to focus on details. Let’s see them.
3. To keep this album from becoming bloated with superfluous images, please refrain from attaching shots of flowers already represented on the page unless the new shot exposes a different theme. For example, I have a close-up of a columbine and one of a reflection-themed setting; another one of either is unnecessary.

I really hope there will be some good submissions from people outside the U.S. I’d really like to see the alpine flowers from other parts of the world.

Thank you!



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 18, 2006 1:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: there is another

I saw it, but it's huge, and I've tried to define mine a little more narrowly than his. His requirements stretch a little farther down the mountain than mine do in terms of growing zones. Thanks, though, for commenting. I respect your input and insights.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 18, 2006 1:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: there is...

No problem-- as I said, I like hearing from you; you've made many thoughtful comments to my pages.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 18, 2006 1:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Unique

Thanks again!

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Jan 13, 2007 7:16 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful page!

Thanks for sharing!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jan 13, 2007 6:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful page!

And thank you for visiting and responding!

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Jan 17, 2013 3:38 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful page!

When you have time, please visit to my page, and see the flowers of Four Girls Mountain, thanks.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6