Flora of the Central Wasatch

Flora of the Central Wasatch

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora

Flora of the Central Wasatch

A field of Indian Paintbrush and the American Fork TwinsAF Twin Peaks
Lower meadow in JulyBroads Fork


The Central Wasatch Mountains are located east of Salt Lake City in Utah. Some of these species of flowers only occur in the higher elevations. Others can be found on the foothills where they bloom earlier in the year. Wildflowers can usually be seen from April through September. I created this page so that all of these photos could easily be found in one album. The Central Wasatch page was starting to overflow with so many flowers that it was getting hard to keep track of them all. I tried to find all of the photos that belong here but I may have missed a few.


If you have any photos of your own feel free to add them.





A Fire near the Devils Castle????Devils Castle - by TyeDyeTwins

Cardiff Pass Wild FlowersCardiff Pass - by Travis Atwood





Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dean

Dean - Apr 4, 2009 6:01 am - Voted 10/10

Ah, bring on springtime

After the gusty winds and horizontal driven snow here in Lehi all day yesterday (april 3rd), this album offers non allergenic relief. I am so ready for spring and this album really sets the stage for it nicely. Beautiful pics.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Apr 4, 2009 8:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ah, bring on springtime

Thanks Dean! I guess we are getting all of these spring snowstorms to make up for the drier weather earlier in the year. The pictures are mostly from other Utah SPers who are good at photographing flowers. I’m still learning how to identify them. I may add some photos of my own when it stops snowing.

Scott Wesemann

Scott Wesemann - Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice album

You have some sweet pics in here. Excellent!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Nov 15, 2010 4:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice album

Thank you Scott! A lot of people have added some great pictures. Wildflowers are something to look forward to after the winter season ends.

utahjimk

utahjimk - Dec 7, 2011 7:46 pm - Voted 10/10

utahjimk

great album!
tried searching for "orchid" but saw none. I've got some pics somewhere to add but don't know the genus.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Dec 7, 2011 9:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: utahjimk

Thanks Jimk. I've learned a lot about local flora from looking at photos that people added to this album. It's okay if you're not sure of the genus. Sometimes other people will see it and know what it is. There is an orchid and lady-slipper album.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6