Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.79720°N / 114.0672°W
Additional Information County: Custer
Additional Information Elevation: 11687 ft / 3562 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Angels Perch is located in the Pioneer Mountains of central Idaho. It is the highest peak on the eastern side of Wildhorse Canyon. Located on the ridge between Wildhorse and Fall Creeks, Angels Perch is also between the divides of Devils Bedstead East to the west and Standhope Peak to the east. Its summit offers beautiful views of the Pioneer Mountains from a cental vantage point. Angels Perch is unofficially named, referring to Angel Lake just off the northeast ridge of the mountain.


Getting There


The only route listed in Idaho: A Climbing Guide is the approach through Fall Creek, past Angel Lake, and a hike up the east ridge. This is listed as Class 2, but a long approach.

The west side approach from Wildhorse Canyon has a rough approach road, but is a fast and steep scramble. This was rated a Class 3/4 scramble.


 

Red Tape

There is no red tape to climb this mountain.

When To Climb

July through September are the best months for climbing. The Wildhorse Canyon side is prone to avalanche activity during the winter months. The Fall Creek approach and east ridge would be your safest (but long) bet for a winter climb.

Camping

Camping areas nearby adminstered by Salmon-Challis National Forest: Nearby Lodging

Mountain Conditions

This peak is administered by the Lost River Ranger District of Salmon-Challis national forest, located in Mackay.
Phone: (208) 588-2400


External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pioneer Mountains (ID)Mountains & Rocks
 
Idaho ElevenersMountains & Rocks
 
Idaho Top 100Mountains & Rocks