Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Location Lat/Lon: 44.97400°N / 113.444°W
Additional Information Object Type: Trailhead List

Dynamic List of Beaverhead Trailheads

Layout designed for best viewing on a "1024 x 768" screen

There is a growing number of people doing some sort of backcountry activity in the Beaverhead Mountains – Hiking, Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing, Toprope, Bouldering, Ice Climbing, Aid Climbing, Big Wall, Mixed, Skiing, whatever. Many of those people are either members of, or, are using the SummitPost website.

One bit of information which is nice for such a person to have handy, is a set of easy-to-follow directions for finding the trailhead where they’re planning to begin their adventure.

And, as many of you already know, some of the trailheads in the area provide access to more than one destination. Several come to mind, not the least of which is Freeman Creek Road which provided access for climbers interested in reaching either Freeman Peak or Copperhead Peak.

So, it seems to me that a list of the Beaverhead trailheads including up-to-date directions on finding each one would be convenient and useful.

I’ll be happy to begin the list, add to it as time allows, and do my best to keep it useful.

I would appreciate any and all constructive suggestions from other members who have used, or plan to use, any of the Beaverhead Mountain Trailheads. I am also soliciting any and all contributions to this trailhead list. If you wish to contribute, please, please do so.

In order to keep the list as useful as possible, I’m suggesting that each trailhead listing be as similar as possible in format to the others, and should include the following…

• Accurate, up-to-date driving directions – this should include mileage information, current road conditions, pertinent signage, road names, and required turns. (It never hurts to include the compass direction along with “turn right.”)

• External links – include links to the destinations (summits, boulders, etc) those who access your listing are likely to visit.

• Pictures – it never hurts to include an image or two of the trailhead, the crappy road used to reach it, and/or the most likely destinations.

Once you have a trailhead page ready to contribute, send me a Private Message so I can attach it to this page, or, just attach it yourself. AND, if you have any thoughts or suggestions, you can Private Message with those too. As this project is just beginning, now would be the time to put in your two cents worth.

Thanks.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Beaverhead MountainsCustom Objects