Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 45.47307°N / 113.61678°W
Additional Information County: Beaverhead
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6800 ft / 2073 m

Access to Jumbo Mountain

From Hwy 278 about 6.6 miles south of Wisdom, MT, turn west at the Twin Lakes Campground exit (RD 12).

Travel 8.2 miles to a sign pointing toward Big Swamp Creek Road and turn left (south).

In approximately 8.5 miles, turn right (southwest) onto Big Swamp Creek Road 625.

In a little more than 1.5 miles, you will see a gravel road to your right (southwest).

Turn onto the road and drive approximately 1.5 miles to the end where the Rock Creek Pack Trail begins.

This trail runs all along the south side of Jumbo Mountain, then over a saddle on the mountain’s west ridge before joining up with the Moose Creek Pack Trail which turns in an easterly direction to run along Jumbo’s north side.

By choosing the correct point of departure from the Rock Creek Trail, you can climb Jumbo Mountain’s East Ridge, South Face, or West Ridge.

The Forest Service roads in this area are closed to motorized traffic (except snowmobiles) until May 15.

External Links

For information about the climbers' routes accessed from this trailhead, see the link included in the picture's description.
East ridgeFrom the summit, Jumbo Mountain's east ridge.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Jumbo MountainTrailheads