Cabane de Moiry

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 9268 ft / 2825 m

How to get there

 
Lac de Moiry
 
The only path to reach the hut is the path that starts at the Lac de Moiry at 2249 m. From there, at the Barrage (dam) de Moiry, you go to the end of the lake. There are 3 different ways to reach the end of the lake. At the end of the lake two of these 3 routes come together, the third one joins them a little later. Two of them follow the lake (from the Barrage it takes about 2h.40 to reach the hut), the third is situated higher up and is a bit longer than the other two. For this route one must ascend directly at the Barrage (the side where there is a little restaurant/cafe) to about 2400 meter. The first part of this path is the same as the path that leads you to the Corne de Sorebois (2896m). After a while, at approximatly 2400 meter, you have to go right (follow the signs 'Haute Tour du Lac') and simply follow this path. This path, although a bit longer, is the most beautiful of the 3 routes.
The other 2 routes join each other at the end of the lake. From the end of the lake it's about 1h.40 to reach the hut. Where the third path joins the main path it's just about one hour to the hut
It is possible to shorten the rout with an hour. At one side of the lake there is a road which goes to the end of the lake, at the end of the lake the roads stops and there is a big parking where you can leave the car. From there it's 1h.40 to the hut.

The first part of all 3 routes is rather easy, the last part (the last hour) is more difficult. A steep path with a lot of rocks.
You can see the hut allready from the end of the lake. On the last part, the steeper, more difficult part you can't see the hut anymore.
Eventually you reach the hut and with good weather you have some very nice views. 

Pointes de Mourti
 

Some information

The hut is open from june till the end of september.
In summer there are 96 beds. The winterroom has 28 places.
The hut has been rebuild recently (2010).

Reservations can be made online: http://www.cabane-moiry.ch/booking.html
Last minute reservations (less than 24h in advance) cannot be made online. In this case reservations can be made by telephone: 0041 27 475 45 34
Besides those last minute reservations, it is not possible to make a reservation by telephone or e-mail.

Prices: 
Members Alpine Club: 69 CHF (half board)
Non-members: 83 CHF (half board)
More prices: see website: http://www.cabane-moiry.ch/bienvenue.html

 
Evening at cabane de Moiry
 

Possible climbs and routes

Possible climbs:

- Aiguilles de la Lé
- Pigne de la Lé (3396m)
- Grand Cornier (3962m)
- Pointes de Moiry (3303m)
- Pointe de Bricola (3458m)
- Pointes de Mourti (3564m)
- Tsa de l'Ano (3368m)
- Couronne de Bréona (3159m)

Possible routes:

- Col de la Couronne to Les Haudères

- Col du Pigne to Zinal and Cabane Mountet

- Basset de Lona to Cabane Becs de Bosson


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pennine AlpsHuts & Campgrounds