Canal de la aguja negra

Canal de la aguja negra

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.26180°N / 5.1814°W
Additional Information Route Type: ROck climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up,some steps of you hinder IV
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


FromGuisando until the platform of the nogal del barranco. We ascend for the rail until the base of the apretura. We ascend until reaching the base of the punta MªLuisa


((Desde Guisando hasta la plataforma del nogal del barranco. Subimos por el carril hasta la base de la apretura. Subimos hasta alcanzar la base de la punta MªLuisa)

Route Description


From The Apretura to reach the base of the Pta María Luisa. Between this and the Aguja negra it ascends a deep and long channel toward the Espaldar of the Galayos. To overcome it drawing the first obstacles for some of the margins (rock polished by the water). to Overcome for the right the first embedded block and to reach a wide shelf to the foot of the south ram of the Pta Margarita. Here the channel forks. The left brunch ascends toward the breach Pta Margarita-Torreón. To follow that of the right and to overcome it until the end, overcoming some delicate steps (refined rock, narrowings and embedded blocks) mainly in their final part. You consents this way to the Espaldar of the Galayos, fair to the izq. of the Unknown Pta. This itinerary is very frequented, because gives access to all the roads of the north faces and NO of the Aguja negra, Torre Marian and Rosblanc, as well as to those of the south slopes of the Pta Margarita and Torreón.
Schedule aprox: 1 h 30 min.
Once surpassed the north wall of the Aguja negra, is possible to abandon the channel of the same name and, climbing the wall of the right to win the channel of the Covardes. For her you consents to the Normal road of the Aguja negra, and also to the Pta. Olvidada, Torre Gregoria, etc. Toast at the beginning it presents some steps of certain difficulty (IV) and next the land the easiest, although it requires certain attention due to the loose stones. (Rapel installed for the descent).



(Desde La Apretura alcanzar la base de la Pta María Luisa. Entre esta y la Aguja Negra asciende una profunda y larga canal hacia el Espaldar de los Galayos. Remontarla sorteando los primeros obstáculos por alguno de los márgenes (roca pulida por el agua). Superar por la derecha el primer bloque empotrado y alcanzar un amplio rellano al pie del espolón sur de la Pta Margarita. Aquí la canal se bifurca. El ramal izquierdo asciende hacia la brecha Pta Margarita-Torreón. Seguir el de la derecha y remontarlo hasta el final, superando algunos pasos delicados (roca pulida, estrechamientos y bloques empotrados) sobre todo en su parte final. Se accede así al Espaldar de los Galayos, justo a la izq. de la Pta Desconocida. Este itinerario es muy frecuentado, pues da acceso a todas las vías de las caras norte y NO de la Aguja Negra, Torre Marian y Rosblanc, así como a las de las vertientes sur de la Pta Margarita y Torreon.
Horario aprox: 1 h 30 min.
Una vez sobrepasada la pared norte de la Aguja Negra, es posible abandonar la canal del mismo nombre y, escalando la pared de la derecha ganar la canal de los Cobardes. Por ella se acceda a la via Normal de la Aguja Negra, y también a la Pta. Olvidada, Torre Gregoria, etc. Al principio presenta unos pasos de cierta dificultad (IV) y a continuación el terreno el más fácil, aunque requiere cierta atención debido a las piedras sueltas. (Rapel instalado para el descenso). )

Essential Gear


Trekking clothes, comfortable footwear. If our intention is the escalade, we will take appropriate accessories: feet of cat, strings, friends, etc...


(Ropa de trekking, calzado comodo. Si nuestra intención es la escalada, deberemos llevar accesorios adecuados: pies de gato, cuerdas, friends, etc...)

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.