Couloir de Neige

Couloir de Neige

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 31.06768°N / 7.96368°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mixed
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.9 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: V
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Bottom SectionBottom Section
This is probably the hardest gully in the area. It can be quite an undertaking with rusting and bent pitons for protection!! Bring extra pro.

Getting There

From Imlil up to Tizi Mzek and then traverse the mountains parrallel to the Ouarzane valley. Pass the Cascade d'Irhouliden (Waterfalls) continue up to the Lepiney refuge (hut).

Route Description

Second PitchSecond Pitch
The first section is steep, but of no particular difficulty. At the obvious choke cross a band of rocks to the first pitch. This is a steep mixed climb, poorly protected by pitons. It is at least 5.9, possibly 5.10a. I partially dried tooled it, depending on conditions you may want to take rock boots. At the top of the first steep wall, traverse up to the right and belay near the next steep section. Pitch 2 is deceptive, the first steps are fine, but the pull over into the easier section is very awkward. Find a belay point. The next section is steep, choose whether to rope up properly, move together or go independent. We roped as my partner broke his shoulder on the second pitch.

Essential Gear

Winter = rope, pro, ice axes, crampons, helmets (good amount of stones flying down) - the works.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
TazaghartRoutes