Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 22.03972°S / 44.68476°W
Additional Information County: Aiuruoca
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6119 ft / 1865 m

Add Heading here

Deepest part of the river. I was looking at some 65 feet drop here!
Usying the focal distance of my lenses (about 50mm).Deep!
Do Lado De Lá Hut (portuguese for - the other side hut) is a guest house/ hut/ mountain shelter. The people who use its facilities are not necessarily mountaineers, mostly tourists looking for the quiet of the mountain environment, a cold shower at the river by it (since it has tree natural pools, one of them deep, at least 15 feet!

This is quite preicy to stay on, but if you're not really thinking about money and just some good time, this is the right place to be especially in winter time. This is said to be the highest guest house of Brazil, I'm not sure if this is true, but not the highest mountain hut for sure, since in Itatiaia National Park we have Rebouças Hut, at almost 8,000 feet high.

The slogan of the guest house/ hut is: "Imagine to sleep at the sound of a waterfall and to wake up above the clouds...". Cheesy line but cool hehehe...(and true!)

Contact and other info

Phone info: 55+ 35 3344-1945/ 55 + 35 3341-6850 (As soon as someone answers, state that you saw the add on Turismomineiro.com)
Distance from Aiuruoca county: 17kms (about 10.5 miles) of dirt road.
Access: Normal good car up to 1820m one mile before the hut. This last mile must be covered on foot or a 4x4 is required.

It fits up to: 10 people

Price: You d have to consult, but I found some info that says the price for the Clouds Cabin for instance is R$ 460,00 (around usd 210.00), and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, quite pricey!
The place only opens for groups of at least 8.

Weather Forecast



Click over the image to jump to the weather forecast page

Legal Issues


To hike/ climb is a dangerous activity and requires proper equipment and clothing, the owner of this page cannot be blamed by injuries caused to anyone who read this page for its info about the mountain, and eventually got hurt by doing so with reckless behaviour or bad weather conditions.

Paulo Roberto Felipe Schmidt – AKA: PAROFES

External Links

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/parofes - Now with 270+ videos online!

The biggest brazilian website about climbing and mountaineering, for which I'm a columnist:




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tamanduá-Bandeira PeakHuts & Campgrounds