Glacier, October 2005

Glacier, October 2005

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Wildlife, Scenery

A Fall visit to Glacier

The first few years I lived in Montana I largely avoided Glacier National Park beside the obligatory touristy trip. I thought things were a little crowded and there was a lot more red tape than in other wilderness areas in Montana. However, in 2005 my opinions began to change as I made numerous trips to the park. The final trip of the year, in October, was especially memorable. A snowstorm that was clearing out as we arrived left the peaks with a fresh covering of snow. Going-to-the-Sun road was closed, so there were few people there and the animals were very visible (without the traffic jams that occur in the summer). This album is a collection of pictures from that trip.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Dec 9, 2006 7:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Crowded but stunning

I've largely been avoiding the busy national parks for some time now unless I go off-season or very, very early in the day, but Glacier is an exception. I could go there anytime. I'm glad you gave it some extra looks; now you'll probably give it thousands more!

kyledod

kyledod - Dec 9, 2006 11:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Crowded but stunning

Yes, even though I moved away last Spring, I still returned to Glacier this past summer and I doubt it will be the last time.

kyledod

kyledod - Jan 10, 2007 12:56 am - Hasn't voted

Re: uhhhhhh

Thanks. All the pictures in this album are film, mostly with just a UV filter. I think the key is the great scenery in Glacier itself, combined with some wonderful conditions when we happened to be there. That, and take lots of pictures, which is usually no problem.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3