Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.97974°N / 6.57326°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9413 ft / 2869 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Le Grand Aréa

This nice peak is one of the favourites of the people for a short day in the area of Briançon thanks to its panorama. If you are on holidays in Briançon not every day you are going to climb big mountains and this peak is ideal for a walk-up through shorter in a more relaxed day.

Getting There

Bergerie St JosephBergerie St Joseph
The trailhead of normal route is Bergerie St Joseph in the road D234 to col du Granon. The access to the road is in the village of St Chafrrey, very near of Chantemerle.


See bigger map

Red Tape

Nothing special.

Camping

Campings around Briançon:

-Cinque Vallées, Saint Blaise.
-Champ de Blanc, Pramorel
-Iscle de Prelles, Saint Martin de Queyrières.

External Links

Briançon, web page of office of tourism of Briançon.
some images and information in French


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BriançonnaisMountains & Rocks