Opalony Wierch

Opalony Wierch

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.21984°N / 20.07408°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 6939 ft / 2115 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mountain with two summits (2115 m and 2105 m asl) located in the side of the Tatras ridge off to the northeast from Szpiglasowy Wierch. It is situated between Morskie Oko lake and Valley of 5 Polish Ponds. From the Peak Miedziane separates it Marchwiczna Pass (2055 m asl)Mountain slopes are cut by numerous gullys, which descend powerful avalanche. Most know gully is Żleb Żandarmerii. Peaks Opalony and Miedziane are strict natural reserve. The Summit has long been visited by mountaineers. Unknown is the first entry in the summer tourist. The earliest recorded entry into winter - during the transition to Miedziane ridge - Henryk Bednarski, L. Michalski, April 17, 1911.
Morskie Oko pondfrom Czarny Staw - Morskie Oko and Opalony

Getting There

The starting point is parking Palenica Białczańska, right next to the border with Slovakia in Lysa Polana. So you can come here from the Poland or Slovakia.
- Poland: from Cracow, continue in the direction Nowy Targ and then to the border crossing Lysa Polana by Bukowina Tatrzańska
- Slovakia: from Poprad, continue in the direction Spiska Bela, and then to the border crossing Lysa Polana, by Zdziar

Red Tape

Tatra National Park allowed to move only after the marked trails, dogs are not allowed to enter, no tents.

Camping

Lots of accomodation possibilities of different standard and price in Zakopane, Bukowina Tatrzanska, Slovak Zdiar and the whole area.
The nearest mountain chalets in the area are Morskie Oko chalet in Rybiego Potoku valley, Stara Roztoka chalet in forests of lower part of Bielovodska valley and Poland's highest located mountain chalet on Przedni Staw lake in Five Polish Lakes valley("Dolina Pieciu Stawow Polskich")

External Links

info

Marked Route

None of the trail does not lead to the summit, but it is an interesting trail on the northern slopes - from Morskie Oko and Valley of Fish Stream (Dolina Rybiego Potoku)to Valley of 5 Polish Lakes (Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich) , or, if you want in the opposite direction. It is blue marked trail. We go through Świstówka Roztocka and Świstowa Czuba - max elevation - 1763 m. The name Świstówka comes from the marmot. It is easy, not long trail, but with great views - first - Morskie Oko area with highest Polish Peaks - Rysy, Mięguszowieckie, next - to west - surroundings of Dolina Pieciu Stawów.
The highest part of Polandview to Morskie Oko

Valley of 5 Polish Lakes from Świstówkaview to Valley Pięciu Stawów


Mapatrail through Świstówka Roztocka