8AX Commander

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title 8AX Commander
Manufacturer SureFire
Page By GreenNerve
Page Type Oct 18, 2002 / Oct 18, 2002
Object ID 521
Hits 4450
Vote
The powerfully bright light –110 lumens- features a tightly focused central beam with a wide angle surrounding beam. It uses the high energy B90 Ni-Cad battery that is quickly removed and recharged in the vehicle in less than 2 hours. Comes with the CN400 Rapid/Smart Charger Head with computer controlled auto shutoff to protect batteries. Comes with both an T210 AC power module and T001 DC Auto Adapter Cord. Does not create the “memory effect” of partially discharged batteries and indicates charge status. Works in the car or on house AC current.



A flawless beam, with the right spread, always in focus. No dark spots, rings or irregular features for the light beam.



Correct switch location in the tailcap for fast finding in the dark and failproof switch function with “deadman” push-on momentary or twist-on continuous illumination. Lamp and batteries are easily changed in under 10 seconds in the dark. Batteries included with each light.



Rugged aircraft aluminum alloy case and parts for a lifetime of service.



Xenon bulb.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

GreenNerve - Oct 18, 2002 1:46 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is an extravagant piece of gear made for military and police special ops. It’s fantastic for night navigation. I use an LED headlight and then intermittently turn on the 8ax to help verify that I’m going the right way. This also has the advantage that the 8ax can be turned on from waist level to see footprints to let me know I’m still on a path (careful, those footprints might be going the wrong way).

It’s smaller than a 2-C cell light, but puts out more light than a baseball bat sized maglight.

The 8ax is also a good emergency item for finding someone or being found. It can light up a large chunk of mountainside to make you visible to rescuers for many miles.

Care should be exercised not to disturb the wilderness too much by keeping it pointed low while on the move.

travisgollaher - Oct 27, 2005 2:49 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I bought this light for my second deployment to Iraq this year. It is a very bright light .The desert is a very dark place at night and this light look's like a flood light. For the size of the light I can hardley believe the amount of light that it can produce. I am rating it a 4 star for three reason's. First it cost to much.Second the battrie's for it are too expencive and they don't last long at all.Third it can get hot enough to burn you.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2