Backpacker Pantry Scrambled Eggs with Baco Bits

 

Backpacker Pantry Scrambled Eggs with Baco Bits
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Backpacker Pantry Scrambled Eggs with Baco Bits
Manufacturer Backpacker Pantry
Page By Deltaoperator17
Page Type Jan 21, 2009 / Jan 22, 2009
Object ID 5825
Hits 4230
Vote

Scrambled Eggs with Baco Bits

Dry Weight: 3.2 OZ (92g)

Serving Size: Two 5 oz. Servings

All-natural dried egg mix with vegetarian bacon bits.

Directions: Add 1/2 cup (120 mL) of water to egg mix. Blend. Add another 1/4 cup (60 mL) of water. Blend. Cook over low heat in greased skillet.

INGREDIENTS: EGG MIX (EGG YOLKS, EGG WHITES), TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (SOY FLOUR, CARAMEL COLOR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, HYDROLYZED CORN-SOY-WHEAT PROTEIN, AUTOLYZED YEAST).

ALLERGENS: CONTAINS EGGS, SOYBEAN, GLUTEN, WHEAT, MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUTS AND TREE NUTS.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Deltaoperator17 - Jan 21, 2009 10:26 am - Voted 1/5

To much work
It has way too many steps to get the product cooked. I would not buy again unless the having to fry it step was removed. The taste wasnt all that good. I will use Mountain House Eggs from now on.

kitcarson61 - Nov 15, 2009 5:50 pm - Voted 1/5

Waste of space in my pack
Too much trouble to prepare, too much of a mess during and after preparation, too much time involved in preparation, the "fry the eggs" step requires that I bring a pot or pan to do just that with and the end product is too watery. Oh, the fake bacon bits aren't very good either. There are other "prep in bag" brands that are easier, quicker, cleaner and tastier if you must have eggs (I enjoy a nice bkfst burrito now and then myself).

Viewing: 1-2 of 2