Boulder SFC

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Boulder SFC
Manufacturer La Sportiva
Page By daynegains
Page Type Jun 2, 2003 / Jun 2, 2003
Object ID 737
Hits 3916
Vote
The BOULDER should be in every climber's quiver - and will become one of the most fun and versatile climbing shoes you've ever owned. Hop on your mountain bike, dash to the boulders, crank some easy warm-up problems or even spend a week in and out of aiders on El Cap - all possible with the new Boulder. Built solid (but light) with leather upper, mesh lining, a graded polypropylene half shank and a shock absorbing EVA midsole to keep you movin' with rock solid support. New medium width Strobel last features a rounded toe box for increased wiggle room while hiking and is fully flexible for uneven off trail approaches and smearing your way up slippery slabs. Crank down on the laces when things get "dicey" and you'll own some additional control plus feel the increased lateral stiffness - boosting your edging ability and confidence at the same time. Count on the sticky climbing rubber rand (which wraps over toes for secure crack jamming) and the relaxed sling shot heel rand - useful for heel-toeing offwidths and also keeping the crap out of your socks. Suction Cup FriXion Sole stands one-eigth-inch-proud and delivers the maximum friction on trail or rock, wet or dry, day after day.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

alpinedan - Nov 15, 2005 11:10 am - Voted 1/5

Untitled Review
they ruined a good shoe. rubber not grippy and caused me to slip multiple times. NOTHING like the original boulder. No wonder they don't make this version anymore.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1