Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.66214°N / 105.90958°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 12752 ft / 3887 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Peak 12,752

Peak 12752 is a seldom visited ranked 12er. This unnamed peak lies along the continental divide south east of the Loveland ski area between Golden Bear Peak and Loveland Pass. This peak is very solitude in a very busy area. Thousands of people pass by and see this mountain along I-70. The face of this mountain is a nasty deteriorating slope of rotten rock that is unclimbable. The continental divide provides reasonable routes to reach the top from either direction. The views on top provides a great view looking toward the Ten Mile Range. This is also a great peak to hike along side with Golden Bear Peak.

Colorado Rank: 818th
Prominance:372 feet
Quadrangle: Loveland Pass

Getting There/Routes

From Denver, Take I-70 West approximately 53 miles to the Loveland Ski Area. Parking at the Loveland Ski area is closed in the summer. You will need to park along the shoulder of the off ramp before you head under I-70.
This peak can also be reached from Loveland Pass. Park at the top of the pass.


Routes:
There are 2 main routes from the Loveland Ski area, both follow the the Continental divide.

Peak 12752


Northeast Ridge Route:
This is the easiest and most logical route. You can pick and choose how you want to get to the continental divide. It's pretty straightforward. Once on the divide, continue south up the steep slope to the top of the peak. I would recommend taking the same route down.
Peak 12752 North East Ridge Route

Crappy West Ridge


West Ridge Route:
This route is undesirable and I do not recommend it. Hike northeast through the ski area reaching the willows. These willows are not the worst I've seen in Colorado, but they still are a pain in the butt. The area is also a bit marshy. Aim towards a rocky area heading up the saddle. This rocky climb is not bad and is probably the best part of the route. Once on the divide head east up the pain in the ass slopes. Some of this climb up is very steep on slippery scree slopes, while other parts of the ridge is steep on stable slopes. If you don't like willows, marshes, or scree, stay away from this route. If you want the challenge, knock yourself out!
If you start from Loveland Pass you will encounter these scree slopes, so starting at a higher elevation does not mean you’re taking the easiest route up.
Mt. Bethel seen from Loveland BasinMarshland higher up in the basin
Loveand Basin Creekthis creek leads the way up the basin
Rocky SlopeRocky slopes to gain the continental divide

Rocky Slope on Peak 12752
looking up Peak 12752The route follows the ridgeline
Crappy West Ridgeloose steep scree slopes along the CD

Red Tape

In the summer the parking for Loveland Ski Area is closed with signs posted that say “NO PARKING”. The closest you can park is just off of the off ramp of I-70.

Camping

None in the Loveland Ski area.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.