Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.67941°N / 0.25251°W
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 9045 ft / 2757 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Peña SabocosSouth face
Mallo las Peñas & SabocosNorth face

Sabocos is the second highest mountain of Tendeñera’s range and it’s the most important at West of the main summit. Its great presence is always visible from the roads of Tena’s valley and the North face is very knows in winter when the ski-resort of Panticosa is open. The normal route is easy on summer when the snow doesn’t appear in its faces but it’s a little bit uncomfortable because it has a lot of stones. It’s not dangerous but some parts of the route are only for mountaineers.

The shortest route is from North but you has another option from South from the tracks of the village of Gavin but it’s very long.

Routes from the North
:
-Cable-way of Ski resort to Ibon de Asnos: (2h)
-Ski-resort of village of Panticosa: (4h)
-Track of Hoz de Jaca: you can drive across a forest track of 7,5 km to the same point of cable way but without payment, but the track don’t have asphalt: (2h)
Cable way of Panticosacable way

Routes from South:
-Gavín: track of barranco del Infierno between Gavin and Yesero (5h)

Getting There

Sketch of routes in Tendeñera s range


*Approach to Gavín (South):

Approach to Sabiñanigo by N-240 (west, from Pamplona across Jaca) or N-330 (south, from Huesca). In Sabiñanigo, C-136 to Biescas. In Biescas take direction to Gavín and Ordesa across N-260. The trailhead is a track between Gavín and Yésero.

*Approach to Panticosa (North):

Approach to Sabiñanigo by N-240 (west, from Pamplona across Jaca) or N-330 (south, from Huesca). In Sabiñanigo, C-136 to Biescas and after the dam of Bubal turn to right to village of Panticosa.

*Hoz de Jaca (North):

The same approach to Panticosa but before of Bubal's dam you turn to left to the village of Hoz de Jaca. The forest track goes to the end of cable-way of Panticosa.

Red Tape

The North face is a little bit hard on winter, it's only for mountaineers with a little of experience, but it's not very difficult. Summer is the best time to climb it.

On winter the sli-resort is open and you must be careful with the skiers.

Camping

You can find hotels and lodges in the nearest villages as Panticosa, Biescas, Sabiñanigo or Sallent de Gallego.

A few of Campings:


Camping Valle de Tena
, Sorripas-Senegue (Sabiñanigo).
Camping Escarra, Escarrilla.
Camping Gavín, Gavín.

External Links



mendikat.net (information in Spanish)

pirineos3000
(South route in Spanish)


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: TenaMountains & Rocks