Salim

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 29.58070°N / 35.41314°E
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10a (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 4
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A short and pleasant climb on obvious line to Abu Meyleh tower, next to Jabal Rum massif. Salim is a unique way to its summit. As the route goes on the north side of the tower it is shaded most of the day. At winter it might be very cold and windy. From top the magnificent kind opens on Rum village and Um Ishrin east walls. It is close to Rest House, ease and well protected - therefore it is an excellent choice for the rest day.

Getting There

Approach is 15 minutes walk from the entrance to the Rum village. From the entrance camping, head north-west and enter the siq between Abu Meyleh and Jabel Rum.

Salim approach

Route Description

4-/5+/5-/5

Salim scheme


From the end of the route 20m to the right there is big boulder with descent belay. By two 45m rappels to the wide ledge and to walk south to the siq. Don't miss the second belay, which is a little right from the line of descent!

Essential Gear

Standard set of trad gear. 2x50m ropes for rappelling from the top.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Wadi RumRoutes