Walk like an Egyptian

Walk like an Egyptian

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 29.57844°N / 35.40758°E
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.9 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: Fr 5c/5b/5c+
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Walk like an Egiptian topo


Easy but varied climb in the center of East Face. Good choice for first, last or rest day. Or you may prepare yourself for Inferno by this route, by abseil you may see 2 pitches include the crux one. Fast approach makes it very comfortable! In addition in the shade after midday, so it's pleasent in hot days. The route keeps the crux(traverse) for the last move. Keep in mind that if you go wrong there you may find yourself at 6b without protection...

Approach

As for Mumkin - from the Rest House to follow the road that is rise up to ruins. To pass through them and to turn to the left. On a wagging footpath to approach through boulders to a chimney in the left part of a wall. To scramble up on simple rocks to a wide visable fireplace. Turn left nearby Inferno's crack, climb wide and slaby chimney(3) to the horizontal white belt. Continue about 20 meters to the clear crack system.

Route Description

View from the shelf just before the traverse

1st pitch 5c/25m : the route starts in the stright wide crack with good openbook and friction climbing. The crack is going a little in the right direction. 1st belay in the big and comfortable terrace.

2nd pitch 5b/30m : the line continues to the left with simple climbing inside fireplace. Sometimes the protection in very unusual places at hiden cracks - use long slings!!! At the end the line leaves the fireplace and going at face to the left, a couple exposed moves... Belay in the comfortable shelf.

3rd pitch 5c+/25m : trought short crack for left hand layback route goes to the predestal, then about 4 meters of fanny slab to the left and then the exposed traverse (crux) to the Inferno's belay
Walk like an Egyptian, 1st pitch1st pitch





Descent

Descent from the Walk like an Egyptian by InfernoDescent by Inferno


Descent by the Inferno's belays with 2 abseils (40 meters each), about half an hour. But be carefull, the ropes are jamming at the first abseil - if so, you will need to climb the crux of the Inferno(6b)!!!

Essential Gear

Standard set of trad and personal gear. 2x50m ropes. Most usefull - big cams, tricams, many long slings - a lot of corners...

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Wadi RumRoutes