Thirteeners of New Mexico

New Mexico, United States, North America
Page Type Page Type: List
Sign the Climber's Log

Thirteeners

Panorama of Northern NM Mountains
The Thirteeners of New Mexico are a special race. They are the tallest of all the mountains in New Mexico. Only Seven Named Summits reach this mighty altitude and each is a giant reaching out of the ground. In New Mexico the Thirteeners are special, They reach over a thousand feet above the timberline giving them expansive areas of tundra. They call upon a large number of people to summit them each year. But their summits are not a cakewalk. The thirteeners around Wheeler Peak involve at least a 3,000 ft. elevation gain and between a 16 to 20 mile hike on average(not counting the Williams Lake Trail). The Truchas Peaks have even more difficult summits to atain. They consist of craggy, steep mountains with long approaches. This list is of the Mighty Thirteeners of New Mexico(The Few The Proud The Tall)

List

Looking towards the...
Old Mike Peak
1.)Wheeler Peak 13,161ft.

*
Mount Walter 13,133ft.

2.)
Old Mike Peak 13,113ft.

3.)
South Truchas Peak 13,102ft.

*
Middle Truchas Peak 13,060ft.

4.)North Truchas Peak 13,024ft.

Explanation

Wheeler Peak
The peaks that have * instead of a number did not have a shoulder drop of at least 200ft.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.