Veľka Svišťovka (Rakuska Czuba)

Veľka Svišťovka (Rakuska Czuba)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.21076°N / 20.19888°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Ice Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6683 ft / 2037 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rakuska Czuba (2037 m.) (Sk. Veľka Svišťovka, hun. Nagy-Morgás) is a grass-stone mountain in the north-east ridge Malý Kežmarský štít. At the summit there is a Rakuska Pass Vyšné which way leads path "Tatranska Magistrala" from Skalnate Pleso pond to the cottage at the Zelene Pleso (Green Pond). Polish name of the summit - Rakuska Czuba comes from the village in Spiš - Rakusy.
From summit nice view to Peak over Zelene Pleso and Belianske Tatras.
Velska Svistovka

Getting There

You can visit the area both from Slovak and Polish side of the mountains.
By car
- From Poland - border pass in Lysa Polana, in Tatranska Kotlina turn right to Cesta Slobody - that`s name of road in south slopes of Slovakian Tatras.
- From Slovakia - road to Poprad, and from there you can drive to Spiska Bela and turn to Cesta Slobody, in tatranska Kotlina or from Poprad road to Smokovce.
You can also reach this part of Tatras By train from Poprad

Red Tape

It is Tatra National Park(TANAP) area, there are no entry fees but You can hike using only marked trails.

Watch out for strict rules of wildlife conservation.

Stay always respectful to mountain nature!

From 1.11 to 15.06 year by year all marked routes in TANAP(the whole Slovak side of Tatras) are being closed for tourists
(besides the routes leading to mountain chalets).

Camping

Camping in Tatra National Park is strictly forbidden! You can stay in Tatra villages - the nearest are: Tatranska Lomnica, Tatranska Kotlina.
You can stay also in Chata Pri Zelenom Plese Mountain Chalet.

External Links

Wikipedia
route ovierview
in my page

Route

By signed path you can reach summit from Chata Pri Zelenym Plese chalet ora from Skalnate Pleso Pond.
To Skalnate Pleso leads Cable Car from Tatranska Lomnica, and from there 1-1,5 hours easy way to summit.
From Chata Pri Zelenym Plese abot 500 meters of steep approach.
Approach to Chata pri Zelenom Plese:
Take a bus from Stary Smokovec to Lysa Pol’ana and get off in Bela Voda or by car - there is a little parking-place. You`re at beginning of yellow marked trail, leading to Chata pri Zelenom Plese (about 2 h 45 min).
Map with trails in High Tatras