Charleston Via Lee Canyon

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 30, 2006
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Fall

The Hike

I followed this route: Mt. Charleston Via Lee Canyon (Ski Lee)

Started at 7:43AM
Took “the Line” ski run up by the Ski Patrol house then took the road off to the left. Went over a waterfall then up a wash. We then found a chute and headed up this. It was only .7 miles to the Ski Patrol house. It was slow going up the chute with lots of class 3, scree, and sticker plants of all varieties.

We then got to the ridge along the North Loop trail about 2 hrs after starting the hike. It was only 1.5 miles to here. We stop and took a break and enjoyed the views of Charleston coming into view. At 10AM we started hiking towards the peak. Summited around 11:35AM. Total distance was 4.2 miles.
Mummy Mountain

Enjoyed the views on the windy summit and sat just South of the flag in an area cairned off to protect us from the wind. Ate snacks, took pictures and mingled with my LVMC club members.

At 12:23PM we started heading back. Myself and another hiker in my group took a side trip off the North Loop trail up to Lee Peak, the highest point in Lee Canyon. We then hiked down through the chute after returning to the North Loop Trail. It was slow going through the chute back down through Lee Canyon. Once we got to here it was easy going down through the ski area and back to the vehicle.

External Links

Mt. Charleston Via Lee Canyon Route
Side Trip up Lee Peak

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Table of Contents