Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.56434°N / 118.77194°W
Additional Information County: Tulare
Activities Activities: Toprope, Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 6500 ft / 1981 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Bouldering In Giant Forest

Giant Forest is home to an impressive Sequoia Grove. Some of these trees are Thousands of years old. They are large, they are old and they are big and luckily for us so are the nearby granite boulders. Many of these rocks have been climbed for generations, many have not. There are topropes and problems developed and many more that are waiting to be put up. Check out Highland Boulders with it's gigantic "Elephant Rock," Sherman Tree Boulders , Beetle Rock Boulders and so on. Respect the forest, shred your fingers and then enjoy lunch on top of a rock surrounded by Sequoia trees.

Directions: Giant Forest is located along the Generals Highway approx 16 miles from the entrance station.

Highland Boulders

Bouldering area located along the trail to Sunset Rock in Sequoia NP.

Topos available in "Southern Sierra Rock Climbing, Sequoia/Kings Canyon" by Greg Vernon, Sally Moser, David Hickey.

Directions: Park at Giant Forest Museum Parking and take the Sunset Rock trail 1/2 mile to the boulders.
Highland Boulders

Sherman Tree Boulders

Boulder groupings located along the lower trail heading South from the Sherman Tree.

Directions: Take the Generals Hwy to the Wolverton/ Sherman Tree rd. Park at the Sherman Tree parking and walk down to the tree. Head past the tree on the lower Congress Trail towards Cresent Meadow and the General Lee Tree. The boulders will be .40 of a mile down the trail and on the right. Have fun and explore.


Sherman Tree Boulders

Beetle Rock Boulders

Info coming this spring!

Current Conditons



Links

Ash Mountain Visitor Center SEKI NPS
Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park General Information Site

Get Involved:
SSCA Southern Sierra Climbers Association

Camping & Lodgings

Sequoia Kings Canyon Campground information and reservations
Wuksachi Lodge informations and reservations

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.