Mr. Green Slings

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.74470°N / 98.5317°W
Additional Information Route Type: Traditional Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Drive up the Mt. Scott road to the summit parking lot. Park in the parking lot on the north side. Walk back down the mountain road for about 75 yards (count 25 guardrail posts from the top). The trail(?) scrambles down a ramp to the right (east) for 30 ft, then switches to the left and scrambles down another 50 ft to the bottom of the wall. From there, continue west through a notch and drop down in front of another wall with several routes. Continue another 100 ft via a faint trail. the trail passes right by the route. Mr. Green Slings is the large crack immediately to the right of Yee Haw.



Route Description


Start in a large crack. It initially appears to be an off-width and unprotectable, but there is a flake inside the crack which takes pro easily. The first section is the off-width/flake crack and runs about 40 ft. Finish this section on a small ledge. This is where the fun begins. Head up a right-dihedral directly for the small roof above. The roof is the crux. Protect it with a large cam. Above the roof, there is a hand crack heading straight up, with two smaller cracks paralleling the center crack. Finish/belay on a huge ledge. 80 ft. First Ascent: Marc Johnson; Mr. Hill.

Essential Gear


Small to medium pro. A large cam protects the roof. Bring a few standard runners for the climb and some long runners for the anchor on top. Save some large pro for the anchor at the belay on top.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.