Trail

 

Trail
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Trail
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By johnm
Page Type May 12, 2007 / May 12, 2007
Object ID 3179
Hits 4556
Vote

Maunfacturer's Description

An easy to use, comfortable pole offering year-round versatility, the Trail now comes equipped with our new 360° padded webbing for all-day comfort. At an excellent price, the Trail features glove-friendly dual FlickLocks, a non-slip foam grip with lower extension for choking down on steeper terrain, a Long Flex Tip and a low-profile, non-snagging trekking basket. The Compact is a shorter, 125-centimeter version with a reduced grip size for smaller hands.

Specifications


Black Diamond Trail Compact Trekking Poles - Pair
Specification Description
Weight (pair) 17.5 ounces
Shaft material Aluminum
Maximum length 49 inches
Minimum length 23 inches
Shock absorbing No
Grip material Foam

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-6 of 6

johnm - May 12, 2007 4:07 pm - Voted 5/5

Durable poles moderately priced
The Black Diamond "Trail" Trekking poles are a good value priced moderately at around $79.00. The three piece telescoping poles feature Flicklocks which are easy to adjust even when on the move.

I have last years model and my only complaint was that when wearing gloves my hands seemed to slip at the bottom of the foam hand grip if I wasn't utlizing the straps. It appears BD took notice and enlarged the bottom of the grip for the newer poles.

BlackForrest - Dec 23, 2008 4:35 pm - Voted 4/5

Robust
Before buying I was torn between a lightweight choice or a heavy duty alpine pole. After I could not decide for either one, I ended up getting the Black Diamond "Trail". I have used it so far for light hiking, snow travel and alpine touring. They are very robust and the FlickLocks have never failed on me. The material of the hand grip and the extra length are comfortable. I really like them, but also have two minor points on the downside: the winter powder basket that comes with the poles seem a little too bulky and the webbing length adjustment is hard to fiddle around with when your fingers are cold.

farrisgl - Mar 9, 2009 2:43 am - Voted 5/5

Very good poles
My last poles made by another manufactuer lastest me for almost 10 years on many, many, trips but had a problem with the sections collapsing. No problem here with these poles! In my first season last year, did not slip once. Very pleased so far.

ncst - Nov 11, 2009 9:51 pm - Voted 4/5

Good buy
These are my first poles with a flicklock system so no more twisting and tightening, which is great. It's also nice to have a foam extension on the hand grip. There is no shock absorbing system though and I find the webbing strap as bit hard to adjust at times. But the perfect fit of the handgrip, and robustness has made me feel more than comfortable with them, so I'm still glad I got these when they were on sale.

awilsondc - Aug 14, 2011 9:51 pm - Voted 5/5

Excellent Value
These were my first pair of trekking poles, and I still use them on occasion (I upgraded to the shock version). They are excellent poles, light weight, collapsable, and the flick lock system makes sure they don't slip and on the chance they do, it's very easy to tighten the screw even in the field. Very stable even at the longer settings.

Andrew Rankine - Apr 12, 2012 1:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Stuff
BD poles are the best bar none. The shock is useless I think, so these are a great deal.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6