It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:30 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Bisotun wall

20160416_134055_HDR.jpg

20160416_110009_HDR.jpg

20160416_094358_HDR.jpg

20160416_090338_HDR.jpg

20160415_184327_HDR.jpg

20160415_183210_HDR.jpg

Farhad route, 6b+, 250m , Bisotun wall , Kermanshah, Iran
Photos by : Hamid Shafaghi
Read more : Bisotun wall | Views : 4094 | Replies : 0

Mount Everest Dispatches 2016

The first British teams have arrived at Mount Everest Base Camp.

Keep up to date by following my daily dispatches at http://www.everest1953.co.uk

Please note that I only do dispatches for the British teams.
Read more : Mount Everest Dispatches 2016 | Views : 7162 | Replies : 6

Bisotun wall in Iran !

bisotun1.png

0Y1B3431.jpg

396763_589.jpg

Bisotun is obviously the monster of rock in Iran, 5km in width and 1200 meters of vertical rock with 3 big ledges make Bisotun one of the most Challenging wall in the world . The rock is limestone and sharp in some parts so it makes a good friction for the climbers in easy routes . The summit of Bisotun ...
Read more : Bisotun wall in Iran ! | Views : 4129 | Replies : 0

Pamir Korjenevskaya 2016.. questions!

Hi guys, i am thinking to go to pamir this summer with a friend, our goal is to climb Korjenevskaya. I'm obviously having some trouble.

at first i wanted to do everything by myself (even walk in somehow, but my friend don't have the time for that adventure and i don't think i will be able to find someone who wants to do the same approach) (btw, if you have any info about this trail, ...
Read more : Pamir Korjenevskaya 2016.. questions! | Views : 10024 | Replies : 13

Alam kooh in Iran

Alam kooh summit ( 4851m ) is the second highest mountain in Iran and obviously the most technical mountain . The north face and west face of the summit consist of granite technical routes and walls which accept many experienced climbers each year ! The Glaciers and vertical rock change it to the most challenging mountain from north and west face. By the way its possible to reach the summit via an easy nice route ...
Read more : Alam kooh in Iran | Views : 3745 | Replies : 0

Cho Oyu Fall 2016 or Spring 2017

Hello,

I'm currently in the planning stages for Cho Oyu for the fall of 2016 or spring 2017 from the Tibet side. I have done a good amount of research on the climb and decided to go for Base Camp service only with one of the following logistic companies:
1. http://www.summitclimb.com/new/default.asp?vid=84
2. http://www.sevensummittreks.com/package ... yu-89.html

Both have good reputation for base camp service. ...
Read more : Cho Oyu Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 | Views : 11939 | Replies : 14

Snowman Trek in Bhutan

Hi,

I'd like to see if anyone has any idea about companies that are offering snowman trek tour in Bhutan starting sometime during May 2016.

Most tour operators are departing Sep/Oct which is the high season but those dates don't work for me. I know for a fact that there are companies that leave earlier starting End of April but couldn't find anyone departing May.

Would appreciate all the help I could get.
Read more : Snowman Trek in Bhutan | Views : 3668 | Replies : 0

Himlung during summer

Hi guys, does anyone knows if anybody has been climbing himlung (and nearby peaks) during summer? I keep reading about how half of the Annapurna circuit falls in the rainshadows and weather is kind of good so it would be reasonable to think even that area falls into it, right? It is pretty much close to mustang, which is also a popular area in summer.

does people climb chulu east / west in summer?

Or ...
Read more : Himlung during summer | Views : 5050 | Replies : 4

Looking for some friends from Passu Pakistan. Where are you?

Hi,

So, in about July of 2015 I was in Passu and met a few English fellas that had just climbed a previously unclimbed six thousand metre peak.
One was an Irish bugger that was an engineer on yachts, the other was a guide called Pete and then there was another bloke that I believe is a user here!
Where are you all?
Wouldn't mind an alpine catch up.

Cheers,
Adam
Read more : Looking for some friends from Passu Pakistan. Where are you? | Views : 6869 | Replies : 1

First time in Asia - red tape for mountaineering???

Hi,

Myself and a friend are planning a central Asia trip this summer (first time in the greater ranges) to climb some 5000-6000m (ish) peaks. We were looking at Pakistan, China (Sichuan) and Tajikistan; not mad keen on Kyrgyzstan (despite lack of red tape) because teams have been there from our mountaineering club a few times before now and we want to go someplace different! We're open to other suggestions for countries but these are ...
Read more : First time in Asia - red tape for mountaineering??? | Views : 4009 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136427