It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:27 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Happy Birthday, Mssr. Milquetoast!

...and you thought you could sneak it through....

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.html?topic_id=966515

Lesse, how many spanks do you get this year? Image
Read more : Happy Birthday, Mssr. Milquetoast! | Views : 2564 | Replies : 14

Re: Outdoor shops in San Francisco

Lolli wrote:Is there an outdoor shop in San Francisco? I found REI on the net, but they only sell the sleeping bag I want online.

You can order it online and have it shipped to the REI store for free. It usually takes less than two weeks, so I think that's before your trip, but I forgot when you are going.
Read more : Re: Outdoor shops in San Francisco | Views : 8535 | Replies : 30

Pacific Crest Bike Trail vs. Pacific Crest Trail

Sometimes I get to thinkin' that the Pacific Crest Bike Trail would be damn cool to do.

Has anyone here done it (or any portion of it) and have any good advice? Are there some good websites/books about the trail?

I will probably track down a copy of the now out of print book by Bil Paul on the trail. Will this book have some outdated information as it is 19 years since it was ...
Read more : Pacific Crest Bike Trail vs. Pacific Crest Trail | Views : 39521 | Replies : 20

Where to find fuel for my stove?

Anybody know where I can find fuel for my stove? I'm looking for "campingaz" fuel. REI has stopped stocking these and I've checked out a half dozen mountaineering shops, no luck. Next shop i find that stocks these will receive a lot of business from me :)

I'm looking for:
Read more : Where to find fuel for my stove? | Views : 1360 | Replies : 2

Mt. Langley?

Has anyone tried to summit from the lakes at the northern end of the Siberian Pass Trail, heading in a north-eastern direction, just to the south of The Major General? Any inputs would be appreciated. Thanks!
Read more : Mt. Langley? | Views : 2537 | Replies : 3

Great, a new fire.

The Santa Ana winds returned today at 9.45 am.

At 10 am a fire started just outside of Fillmore.

Right now it's burning towards my house. :x

This wasn't a lighting strike.

We will see what happens, all of this burned up 3 years ago, not to much fuel.
Read more : Great, a new fire. | Views : 12359 | Replies : 33

Lyell Glacier conditions

If you want to avoid steeper snow completely, you can easily get to the Lyell-Maclure saddle without the need for crampons or axe. From there you can go up the ridge but have to do a couple class 4 moves. That's the way I went on a Maclure - Lyell dayhike in early August a few years ago.
Read more : Lyell Glacier conditions | Views : 1383 | Replies : 3

Good News For Good Eats In Mount Shasta

For those who know (or care), Poncho & Lefkowitz is opening back up later this week. Mount Shasta's finest grub will once again fuel some great adventures...
Read more : Good News For Good Eats In Mount Shasta | Views : 1812 | Replies : 3

Big Tujunga Update

Big Tujunga canyon is still closed to non-officials and so is Dukmajian park in Glendale. However, Haines Canyon access in Tujunga is back to normal.

This morning I bagged the west-ridge peak of Lukins via the direct south ridge on the old fire break. All the ridges leading to this high point are clear of brush for fun and easy (strenuous) class 2 ascents. I was not the first up this line, one or two ...
Read more : Big Tujunga Update | Views : 1449 | Replies : 2

Loose rock in East Coul. of Sill

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums, so I'm sorry if this has been addressed before.

Recently, I soloed the East Couloir of Mount Sill. I really didn't know what to expect, because I couldn't find much info about the route beforehand.

I found the couloir to be quite steep in some sections, with loose rock everywhere. In a few parts, the climbing was near-vertical; this forced me to put pressure on hand and foot ...
Read more : Loose rock in East Coul. of Sill | Views : 4232 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595