It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Spain Climbing ideas

Looking for suggestions on where to climb. In April or May 2018 I'll be visiting my daughter who is doing a semester abroad at the University of Granada. I'm looking for easy sport routes near Granada. It looks like there is plenty of climbing around there but would appreciate feedback from folks who've been there. TIA
Read more : Spain Climbing ideas | Views : 2382 | Replies : 0

Route advice for Tatras - Gerlachovský Stit summit & ridge

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at organising a Hut 2 Hut hiking trip to the Tatra's for our club. I am trying to find detailed route information (ideally including a map) for a route up to the highest summit Gerlachovský Stit. This would be following the "normal/common" basic grade 1 route to the summit from Sliezcky Dom hutte and down the other side past Lake Batizovské Pleso.
We are all UIAA members and want to do ...
Read more : Route advice for Tatras - Gerlachovský Stit summit & ridge | Views : 3276 | Replies : 3

winter climbing Mulhacen

Hey guys,

I am new to the mountaineering sport. Attempted to climb Zugspitze twice in December, but the snow was to soft and deep to finish in the alotted time. I am now thinking of taking a crack at Mulhacen in february/march timeframe. What are your thoughts on this? I am also looking for new climbing partners since well I don't have any. My experience is mainly summer ruck marches which range from 20 km ...
Read more : winter climbing Mulhacen | Views : 2745 | Replies : 0

Trad climibng on Gran Canaria

Hello,
we'll be on Gran Canaria this winter and would like to do some climbing. We've got a guide book but it only covers the sports climbing.
I heard there's good trad climbing around Ayacata but I can't find no information.
Does anybody have some route descriptions about the climbing there?
Read more : Trad climibng on Gran Canaria | Views : 3127 | Replies : 1

Advice? Climbing around Chamonix in June 2018

Hi SummitPosters,

I enjoy doing all the research and planning for alpine trips, but I figure it can't hurt (well, 'sticks and stones' kind of can't hurt) to ask for some feedback / advice / alternative suggestions from those with personal experience.

I'm looking to spend June in the Alps. I'm pretty comfortable climbing up to AD+, I've been climbing in NZ's Southern Alps Summer and Winter the last few years, and have been trad ...
Read more : Advice? Climbing around Chamonix in June 2018 | Views : 3593 | Replies : 0

Norway 2018

Is anyone interested in joining us for a Norway trip next summer?

Because I am working through the next winter and since July 4th is on a Wednesday, I have an opportunity to take time off in summer, which is unusual for me. We might as well head north. Unfortunately, it will still have to be a short trip.

We'll be there June 28-July 10, which includes a full day stopover in Iceland.

The plan ...
Read more : Norway 2018 | Views : 5801 | Replies : 5

Please ID this mountain

Can someone ID this peak? On the Mont Blanc massif taken from Chamonix.
I have a few thoughts but am not completely matching it up to anything I'm easily finding online.

Thanks.
Read more : Please ID this mountain | Views : 4223 | Replies : 6

Possible to buy Via Ferrata gear in the Dolomites?

Is it easy enough to buy Via Ferrata gear in the Dolomites area?

I'll be headed there mid October and would like to hit some Via Ferrata routes, but I don't want to buy stuff now in case the routes are closed due to snow, I'd rather wait and buy locally once I arrive unless I won't be able to find a spot to buy them.

Any input on good routes or experiences in the ...
Read more : Possible to buy Via Ferrata gear in the Dolomites? | Views : 3991 | Replies : 2

Camping on the TMB

Anyone looking for info on campsites/campgrounds on the TMB or for any other adventures in the area here are a few helpful guides:

http://www.tmbtent.com/guide-camping-tour-mont-blanc/
https://annapaxton.com/2015/08/09/tour-du-mont-blanc-camping-a-guide-to-campsites-on-the-route-of-the-tmb/

Hope this is helpful for anyone looking for campground info in the area.
Read more : Camping on the TMB | Views : 3638 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136411