It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Photography- using climbing gear for props

So I am expecting my second child in the next few weeks. Looking at my profile pic you can tell I love to take my kids outdoors :D (seriously, my almost 4 year old daughter wants to go winter camping this year... but I digress).

I am looking for fun ideas of photos to take with my new born son. Something that contrasts the beauty and ...
Read more : Photography- using climbing gear for props | Views : 1636 | Replies : 1

Well I did it

It finally happened. I am now a paying gym member. A friend of ours started going to a gym here and lo and behold suddenly my husband wants to join it to. I haven't gone yet but we got a tour when we were looking into it. I was wondering what anyone thought would be the most beneficial thing to do there. Sorry I'm completely unfamiliar with gyms, I always got my exercise and training ...
Read more : Well I did it | Views : 2131 | Replies : 10

Re: bolts

No and no.
Read more : Re: bolts | Views : 1304 | Replies : 4

Is it just my Llama ?? Is it just my Llama ??

I and a certain SP'er who shall only be known as "Vittles" (aka, "Mr. Annoying") were climbing at the gym this evening, and had an interesting discussion. Well, actually we mostly sprayed about our favorite internet summitpost cartoon characters while falling off various colored plastic holds. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I think more people should post pictures of camelids, Llamas especially. Do you really want to be part of a site whose ...
Read more : Is it just my Llama ?? | Views : 3548 | Replies : 19

Climbing and fly-fishing

Is there some underlying personality trait that makes for climbers and fly fishers?

Or are these pursuits attractive to different kinds of people, and it's just an accident if somebody happens to enjoy both?

I lean to the first hypothesis. How about you?
Read more : Climbing and fly-fishing | Views : 5957 | Replies : 22

Shonky Rope

An Australian consumer protection organisation has a magazine called "Choice"

Each year they present their "Shonky Awards" Not sure if the word "shonky" is widely used or might just be an Australianism - but it means "dodgy, poor quality, rip-off" etc.

This year a shonky was awarded for this:

http://www.choice.com.au/Reviews-and-Tests/Money/Shopping-and-Legal/Shopping/The-2010-Shonky-Awards/page/Shonky%20for%20hanging%20by%20a%20thread.aspx

I really doubt whether this product, bought in hardware stores, would fool a climber with more than ten minutes experience, but I guess you never ...
Read more : Shonky Rope | Views : 3901 | Replies : 8

If you're interested

We've got mail.

This was sent to the elves from someone outside SP for the amusement of SP members.

The author is happy for it to be used and copied for non-commercial purposes.

http://jeromedaksiewicz.com/design/graphics/item/48-peakbagger
Read more : If you're interested | Views : 1062 | Replies : 6

Is it just me?

So is it just me or do others notice the direction of "the route" we, or what is left of US, are on?

The leaders need us, we are the suppliers.

We supply what they need.

If we STOPPED supplying.

Just what would they do?

Who would they lead?

Anybody ever been in this situation while climbing?

You keep hauling loads, because, well, it's a fun thing to do.

Days go by, you hump more ...
Read more : Is it just me? | Views : 6190 | Replies : 39

I'm moving to the mountains I'm moving to the mountains

Saw some similar threads, and well... I always wanted my own. Seems like that's now happening. I just accepted an offer from my company and if all goes well I am relocating to Switzerland somewhere in January or February of next year. I'm working for a big company which has been consistently moving slow, so I'm aware that there might be some additional problems or delays, but still, I'm hoping to be there before next ...
Read more : I'm moving to the mountains | Views : 2937 | Replies : 13

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557960 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430