It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Climber.org -- zombie site or still maintained? Climber.org -- zombie site or still maintained?

Is anyone actually maintaining climber.org? In particular, checking the messages that come in via the contact form?

I don't know who owns the domain and/or website nowadays. The domain registrant is redacted, and in recent years it seems no one checks the inbox.

Over the years I've sent many updates and additions for the "Sierra Nevada showers" list. They used to be promptly acknowledged and added to the page, but my more recent updates have ...
Read more : Climber.org -- zombie site or still maintained? | Views : 2908 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Fire news in North Cascades?

Any one have a story to tell in these areas? Pictures if you were evacuated or whatever.
https://www.nps.gov/noca/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
Read more : Fire news in North Cascades? | Views : 3460 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Needleton train permit, Aug9?

Does anybody have a train ticket from Durango to Needleton on Aug 9th? PM if willing to increase group size by 1, thx.
Read more : Needleton train permit, Aug9? | Views : 623 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - Colorado

Granite Peak conditions

I'll be attempting Granite Peak from the east the first week in August. Sounds like it's been a big snow year, so I would appreciate any beta on expected conditions by then.

Many thanks.
Read more : Granite Peak conditions | Views : 1757 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Jacket for a beginner

I wanna start mountaineering this winter, ive already done a lot of research and found almost all the gear needed except softshell pants - i think cirque 2 will be good but you could suggest something else and jackets. I have base layer and a fleece but i am not sure what jacket/jackets to buy. Im gonna be climbing from 2500-4500m if i go to the alps but for now only in my home country ...
Read more : Jacket for a beginner | Views : 2543 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Gear

Permits, Permits & more Permits

This just in from Yosemite NP. Permits now required for multi-day rock climbs. What's next, permit for photography (wait - there already is a permit for photography - commercial anyway). When I was in grad school the saying was "Publish or Perish", ie publish or you are irrelevant. In the federal bureaucracy the saying is "Regulate or Perish".
Read more : Permits, Permits & more Permits | Views : 2251 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Rescued summit register

HI,
Wanted to post this under general but that link did not work. When I was up on the Modoc I climbed Squaw peak and found one of the log books had been removed and a new one was put in the container. The old one would not fit. Rather than leave it there i took it with the idea of giving it to whomever. i forgot about it until i found it in a ...
Read more : Rescued summit register | Views : 938 | Replies : 1 | Forum : News

Hwy 108 open (finally)

CA Highway 108 is finally open over the Sonora Pass. :!:

https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/3122534/hwy-108-sonora-pass-reopened.html
Read more : Hwy 108 open (finally) | Views : 1459 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136409