It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:20 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Find climbing partners in South America.

Ecuador Volcano climb in June

Hi all.

I'm going to be in Ecuador this summer and I'd like to climb some volcanos (Cotopaxi and/or Cayembe).

I don't have any technical mountaineering experience, but I've got a good amount of winter backpacking experience. Looking to get a guide, but I'm going alone and it's cheaper with more people. I'd like to do glacier school down there too, but it looks like you need at least two people. Hike ups are fun, ...
Read more : Ecuador Volcano climb in June | Views : 7714 | Replies : 2

Aconcagua Dec 2014 - Jan 2015

I am planning a trip to do Aconcagua Dec 26 - Jan 6 or so. I am buying my tickets this week. I don't have a partner and would love to have one, particularly someone fairly experienced with high elevation. I have been at 20,000 ft before and am training now for this adventure. If you are interested in joining, please message me or respond to this thread.
Read more : Aconcagua Dec 2014 - Jan 2015 | Views : 8022 | Replies : 1

Cordillera Blanca- New Regulations

Has anyone climbed in the Cordillera Blanca or Huascaran National Park in the last year? I've heard rumors that the Peruvian authorities have begun enforcing regulations that require all climbers to be accompanied by a licensed guide. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks
Read more : Cordillera Blanca- New Regulations | Views : 13192 | Replies : 9

Cordillera Blanca dry season - July, August, September

Hi everybody!

I'm a 24 year old guy from Holland who wants to do some mountain peaks in the Cordillera Blanca (would love to do Chopicalqui for example), some lower peaks in advance for acclimatization..

Although I did a lot of multiple day hikes in Europe, North America and South America, some easy peaks (Huayna Potosi, Cotopaxi) Im not an experienced climber.

If everybody has similar ideas/plans let me know. I'm an enthusiastic, open-minded and ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca dry season - July, August, September | Views : 9298 | Replies : 2

Aconcagua: Dec 14, 2013 - Jan

Hi All - I am looking for a companion/climbing partner for Aconcagua. I am going solo and leaving Minneapolis on Dec 14th, 2013. I have seen another post, somebody leaving on Dec 20th. Am wondering if there is someone who is leaving around my time frame. Have a decent bit of experience. Last climbed Pico de Orizaba and Izta few days ago. Please IM/reply if you are interested. Thank you.
Read more : Aconcagua: Dec 14, 2013 - Jan | Views : 6815 | Replies : 0

Mountain near Santiago Dec 2013

Hi!

I'm a swedish 33year old guy searching for a group or a travelpartner to trekk one of the surrounding mountains near Santiago in Dec.
Perhaps San José, Marmolejo or Plomo. I live in central Santiago for about three more weeks. Then I will be travelling south.
I'm studying Spanish and are open minded. Just love adventures! :D

/Niklas
Read more : Mountain near Santiago Dec 2013 | Views : 8686 | Replies : 5

Chile

Hi!

I'm looking for a partner to do some mountaineering stuff here in centralchile.
Is anybody up to?
Read more : Chile | Views : 6294 | Replies : 2

Chile and Argentina Dec-Jan

Hi!
I arrive in Santiago the 15 December, and will head south towards Patagonia and stay until the end of January. I do not have any fixed plans at all, so I am very flexible, but I would be keen to do a lot of climbing and hiking when I am down there.

Does anybody know about buses and prices from Santiago, or Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas, I know it takes time, but I ...
Read more : Chile and Argentina Dec-Jan | Views : 8616 | Replies : 2

Cordillera Blanca summer '14

Hi all,

I am looking for climbing partner(s) for July 2014. The plan is to climb some classics at the cordillera blanca and perhaps around huayhuash, if time allows (I am open to plans but Alpamayo WILL happen ;)

Partner(s) have to be experienced and decent in multipitch ice/mixed but more than anything a good positive attitude is essential. If you are interested, my email is vsoldevil ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca summer '14 | Views : 9279 | Replies : 3

Novice Climbers, What to Climb in Argentina?

Hey,

Use the site all the time for beta on different peaks but now I have little more open ended question that I hope someone might provide a suggestion for:

Headed to Argentina for work in November and am playing with the idea of checking out the mountains. I won't have sufficient time to acclimatize or the funds for a guided trip (so far as I can tell) so something like Aconcagua is out of ...
Read more : Novice Climbers, What to Climb in Argentina? | Views : 6314 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557973 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136462