8000 METER PEAKS IN PAKISTAN

8000 METER PEAKS IN PAKISTAN

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Informational, Scenery

Above 8000 Meter Peaks in Pakistan

K-2 as seen from  Gondogoro PassK2

Nanga Parbat (8125m)Nanga Parbat (8125m)

Gasherbrum-I (8068-M), Karakoram, PakistanGasherbrum-I (8068-M), Karakoram, Pakistan

Broad Peak, Karakoram, BaltistanBroad Peak

Gasherbrum-II (8035-M), Karakoram, PakistanGasherbrum-II (8035-M)


Pakistan is a land of varied and unique landscape. While high mountains renages dominate its North, series of low mountain ranges of Suleman, Pub, Kirthar and Makran extend from North to Southwest and South in a bone like manner. These low ranges dominate the plains and deserts to East and warm and captivating beaches of the Arabian sea to the South. It is, however, Northern Areas of Pakistan which is endowed with most geographical features in the world. It is here that three great, lofty and spectacular mountain renages, Karakoram, Hindukush and Himalayas meet. In an area of about 500 kms in width and 350 kms in deph, is found the most dense collection of some of highest and precipitous peaks in the world, boasting more than 700 peaks above 6000 meters, and more than 160 peaks above 7000 meters. These include five out of the total fourteen above eight thousand meters high peaks on earth, namely the second highest rock pyramid – the K2 (8611-M), the killer mountain Nanga Parbat (8125-M), the Hidden Peak Gasherbrum-I (8068-M), the Broad Peak (8051-M), and the Gasherbrum-II (8035-M). This enormous mountain wealth makes Pakistan an important mountain country offering great opportunities for mountaineering and mountain related adventure activities. The area is aptly called a paradise for mountaineers, adventure seekers and nature lovers. The compelling charm of these high, challenging , end less sea of rugged rock and ice pinnacles lure large number of climbers, trekkers, adventure seekers and nature lovers from all over the world to the Northern Areas of Pakistan, each year.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Andino

Andino - Oct 19, 2007 2:53 pm - Voted 10/10

You forgot...

to put a primary image ;o)

Afzal

Afzal - Oct 20, 2007 2:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You forgot...

Thank you very much for vote and nice suggestion. I have put a primary image.

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - May 13, 2008 10:42 am - Voted 10/10

What a

collection of dream mountains!

Afzal

Afzal - May 13, 2008 2:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What a

Thank you very muh for your kind words about mountains of Pakistan. Pakistan is a paradise for Mountaineers and Trekkers. Pakistan has the greatest concentration of the highest peaks of the world. It has t05 peaks over 8000 meters including the world's second highest, K-2 (8611m).

tmtn93

tmtn93 - Nov 1, 2008 12:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice mountains

Nice mountain In Pakistan. im from Pakistan but i have never seen any big mountains there. looks like they're all up north and I used to live near Islamabad.

Afzal

Afzal - Nov 1, 2008 2:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice mountains

These mountains are far away from Islamabad. These mountains are located in the northern areas of Pakistan. I you like to see these great mountains, then you have to travel to Northern Areas of Pakistan. Thanks for your nice comments and looking at my album.

aaporik

aaporik - Oct 21, 2019 9:11 am - Hasn't voted

8000 meters peaks in Pakistan

All 8000 meters peaks in Pakistan has been climb multiple times from normal routes yet few routes are still unclimbed and K2 is the only 8000 meter peak in the world yet waiting for summit in winter season
Jasmine Tours Pakistan
Jasminetourspakistan@gmail.com

Viewing: 1-7 of 7