Payu Peak (6610-M), Karakoram, Pakistan

Payu Peak (6610-M), Karakoram, Pakistan

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Mountainpaintings - Oct 19, 2016 3:50 am - Hasn't voted

PAYU PEAK

I saw there is no text to illustrate Pays Peak, which is a major summit. I propose that one; already published in my website Mountain paintings. Maybe would you like ti publish it ...
"The Payu Peak (6610 m-21, 686 ft) is a mountain located in the central Karakorum (or Karakoram) in Pakistan, on the north side of the Baltoro glacier at the western end of the Baltoro Muztagh. It is named after a mountain range, the Payu group, which includes the Uli Biaho peak, Uli Biaho Tower and Choricho.
In 1974 there was an attempt at ascension of a Pakistani-American expedition under the leadership of Nicholas B. Clinch, in which a Pakistani member was mortally injured.
In July the same year, a spanish team (Alberto Inurrategui, Jeauna Vallejo and Mikel Zabal) tried to reach the summit by the South face but was injured by a stone fall a few meters before the pilar.
In the following year, a French expedition under Jean Fréhel attempted the first ascent.
Finally, in 1976 a Pakistani mountaineer group succeeded in climbing the Paiju Peak. Bashir Ahmed, Manzoor Hussain and Nazir Ahmed Sabir reached the summit on July 20, 1976. The group was accompanied by the American climber Allen Steck until shortly before the summit ".
in
http://mountainpaintings.blogspot.fr/2016/10/payu-peak-by-vittorio-sella.html

Afzal

Afzal - Oct 21, 2016 4:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: PAYU PEAK

Thanks for your detailed information of Path Peak. I am not interested to publish any of my photos for commercial purposes.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2