Autumn

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.79500°N / 83.7042°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9-
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.9 (YDS)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Travel north on 77 from the Tunnel. Cross the Red River on the Iron Bridge. Do not turn right toward Frenchburg but turn left for 500-1000 feet on a forest service road. Park where the others do. Walk north to the long wall. In the middle of this is Autumn. You'll know it by the picture.
autumn (5.8)

Route Description

Follow the Autumn flake 80 feet to some anchors and rap off. This is a hand sized crack. It is the world's best 5.9-


Autumn

Autumn2

Essential Gear

I think a 60 meter rope would do it for the rappel. Hand sized friends, TCU's hexes and don't forget the small tricams for the horizontally bedded sandstone. P.S. to the right of Autumn there is a big old dihedral with a roof on it that is 5.8 to the roof and 5.10 thru the roof. It starts on a platform 15 feet off the ground- Its a Tom Sauders route but I can't remember the name. It's quite good. Rock Wars a popular 5.10 is also on the long wall.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.