Bald Mountain (Wasatch)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.87700°N / 111.758°W
Additional Information Elevation: 10913 ft / 3326 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Bald Mountain is a high but relatively unknown Wasatch peak. It sits just north of Mt. Nebo and because the masses flock to Nebo or Mt. Timpanogos, this peak sees very few climbers. If you’ve climbed all the popular peaks and are looking for elevation and solitude, Bald Mountain makes an excellent climb. It is an easy half-day climb from the Monument Trailhead along the Nebo Loop Road.

Getting There


Take I-15 exit 254. Take a left at 100 North, then turn right at 600 East (Peteetneet Boulevard) and follow it into Payson Canyon on the Nebo Scenic Loop Road. The Monument Trailhead is the highest point/trailhead of the road and marked with a sign. Take the dirt road immediately to your right as you enter the parking area for half a mile to a parking area. Most cars and people are here to climb Nebo. Passenger cars should go no further, but high clearance vehicles could continue and make an easy climb even easier.

Red Tape


No major obstacles, no fees. The Nebo Loop Road often stays closed until Memorial Day, so the high trailhead is not an option during winter.

When To Climb


June – October most years. Expect lingering snowfields early in the season on north or east facing slopes.

Camping


There are many official campsites along the Nebo Scenic Loop in Uinta National Forest. You will need to make reservations to stay at these. Plenty of camping opportunities along this mountain, and plenty of solitude.

Mountain Conditions


Visit www.ksl.com for weather conditions and cameras from the Wasatch mountains.

External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.