Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.41620°N / 111.6669°W
Additional Information Elevation: 11441 ft / 3487 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


North Timpanogos also called North Peak of Mount Timpanogos is the highest of the Northern summits of Mount Timpanogos. It is normally considered more of a challenge than the main Timpanogos summit because there is no trail to the top.

One common and interesting way to climb this peak is via the B-25 crash site then up to and along the summit ridge. The other posible routes include one of three main ridges leading up to the peak. The ridge are typically called the West Ridge, the Northwest Ridge, and the North or Northeast Ridge. These ridge routes are all second class. The last route to mention is the northeat snow/ice gully better known as the Grunge Couloir. This route requires basic mountaineering skills.

Getting There


Take UT 92 east from the Alpine / Timpanogos Cave National Monument exit #287 off I-15. Continue up the Alpine loop, which is to the right at the junction to the Timpooneke Campground and Trailhead.

Red Tape


The Alpine Loop (UT 92) and American Fork canyon have a $3 fee for a three day pass.

When To Climb


The normal climbing season is June to October. Although, you will see many summit logs from skiers in May.

Mountain Conditions


Mountain conditions may be obtained by calling the Pleasant Grove Ranger station at 801-785-3563 .

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Dean

Dean - Jan 17, 2008 3:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Exit correction

Changes to I-15 resulted in the re naming of exit 287 to become exit 284.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.