Bible Back Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.99770°N / 114.6366°W
Additional Information County: Custer
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 9928 ft / 3026 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Bible Back Mountain sits right in the heart of the white cloud mountains. Its connected to major ridge line of other popular white cloud mountain hikes. It offers an excellent view of many popular areas such as Washington Basin. Bible Back is often overlooked or done as a secondary peak due to its more popular neighboring peaks (Croesus, Washington). The hike itself is very simple. Class 2 climb to the top. Minimum scrammbling.

Getting There

To get to the trailhead follow Highway 75 south for 26 miles from Stanley or north for 36 miles from Ketchum. Here turn east onto Pole Creek Road. Follow Pole Creek Road up and over Pole Creek summit, then down into Germania Creek. At about 12 miles from the highway you will reach the Three Cabins Creek trailhead. You can park here (there is plenty of room for dozens of cars) or continue on the 4WD road that leads into Washington Basin. From the 4WD road you could park where the road crosses Three Cabins Creek and turns east (.6 miles from the turnoff) or you could drive to where the road meets the south ridge of Bible Back Mountain (1.2 miles from the turnoff). I emphasize that you will need a 4WD vehicle. only vehicle with good clearance should go through this road.

Route

Depending on your approach. If you are hiking from the trail head, hike the road up towards Bible Back for about 2 miles (Do not take the actual trail for the Three Cabins Creek trailhead). The road will progressively go uphill. When you reach the point of the road that starts to go down hill is when you take a left up the ridge towards bible back. You can see bible back as you are heading down the road so you will get a good sense as to when to turn off. If you are driving, you can head the same direction and as you approach the high point of the road as I previously discussed, there will be a clearing next to the road that cars are able to park at. Park there and head up the mountain.

Red Tape

No fees required

When to Climb

Best time to climb bible back would range between June-October. A snow climb is possibly due to the simpleness of the way up. Nothing to technical.

Camping

There are camping area near the Trail Cabins Creek Trailhead. It is located about .5 miles before the trailhead in an open field next to the road your traveling towards. 

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

White CloudsMountains & Rocks