Cascading Crystal Kaleidoscope (CCK)

Cascading Crystal Kaleidoscope (CCK)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.73600°N / 74.191°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Description

Unbelievable route! Just look at the pics and you'll understand why.

Pitch 1: Climb up to left-facing block to a bulge (crux), then a small roof. After that, go straight up to the oak tree for belay. The pine tree for pitch 2 is about 20 feet right. (5.5, PG, 140')

Pitch 2: Directly opposite of the pine tree is a open-book like left facing corner. Climb up the right face and move right to under a roof. Climb over the bulging roof (crux), and then start traverse left. Follow natural line to a large corner with belay slings. (5.7+, PG,60')

Pitch 3: Make sure your second has a camera ready. Make the airy traverse under the first horizontal (small cams) to a crack. Move up the crack (flake) to a big roof, finish it by going over and move toward your right. (5.7+, PG, 50').

Cascading Crystal KaleidoscopePretty much straight up to GTLedge

Cascading Crystal KaleidoscopeFollow the line. A lot of chalk marks are wrong.

Cascading Crystal KaleidoscopeIncredible exposure!

Cascading Crystal KaleidoscopeNext move is the hardest.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.