Diente de Llardana

Diente de Llardana

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.64791°N / 0.43319°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 10151 ft / 3094 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

 
Diente de Llardana  
 
Diente de Llardana  
The Diente de Llardana is one of the most spectacular peaks of Pyrenees. It's not very high and even is small according with the height of nearby Posets (3.375m) but all the mountaineers are impressive for its silhouette when they reach the exit of Canal Fonda at Collado del Diente in their way to the summit of Posets, the second highest peak of all the Pyrenees. The aspect is very inaccessible but the normal route is not very complicated (P.D.inf.) if the weather conditions are good. I consider that the climb is very dangerous with rain or snowfall because the normal route has a steepy grassy slope in a few of meters and in my opinion the climb is only advisable with perfect conditions. I think that mountaineers enjoy of this beautiful peak but it's not for hikers.

Getting There

Benasque is the main village of valley but the normal access goes from Parking of cascada de la espigantosa with entry in the village of Eriste, a few of km before of Benasque. Access by road: -From Zaragoza to Huesca (72 km), highway. From Huesca to Benasque (138 km) for the N240 to Barbastro. Take N123 and N123a to Graus. In Graus take to left for A139 to direction Benasque/Cerler. -From Barcelona: highway A2 to Lleida (or Lérida). From Lleida take N230. Continue by N123 in direction Torres del Obispo and more to Graus. Another shorter possibility goes across village of Benabarre. Others access: train and bus (company Altoaragonesa: Alosa) -Train Barcelona-Zaragoza. Bus to Huesca and bus to Benasque (see Alosa) -Train Zaragoza-Huesca or bus Zaragoza-Huesca (see Alosa). From Huesca to Benasque only in bus (see Alosa).

Red Tape

 
Canal Fonda Canal Fonda
 
Canal Fonda Canal Fonda
No permits required. 
Very important: on summer in the last years you must park in the village of Eriste taking  a bus to trailhead in casada de Espigantosa.
The summit is in Natural park of Posets-maladeta with rules about camping and wildlife. In Canal Fonda's passage in route normal (Eriste) is possible the presence of snow even on summer time. In early spring of first hours at the morning is necessary the use of crampons but in August or September a path goes out of the snow without problems.

Camping

Camping: *Benasque: -camping Aneto (974/551141) Mountain Huts: *Angel Orús (or Forcaus): at 2095 m.(974/344044). 96 beds. The night at mountain hut is advisable (reserves are required to spend the night) but if you have enough forces it's not impossible the climb from the parking of Espigantosa (500m more to gain and 1h 30min more of walk).

External Links

Add External Links text here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.