Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.16690°N / 7.91110°E
Additional Information County: Dimbach
Activities Activities: Hiking, Sport Climbing, Toprope, Bouldering, Big Wall, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 1375 ft / 419 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Dimberg



With the neary Rötzenberg, is the Dimberg rocky crest one of the most important, in all the Palatinate sector. With a total length of several hundreds meters, is the Dimberg one of the most spectacular rocky formations of the Palatinate. The site is dominating the Dimbach valley, in which is situated the same-named village (Dimbach). The total altitude of the Dimberg crest is situated at 419 meters. The eastern part of the mountain is hiddening the most important rocks ! She finishes herself with a 58 meters high climbing pillar, which is offering from his summit, magnificient views, all around the country ... The site is equiped for practicing climbing activities. Equally, the Dimberg is good done for bouldering and scrambling. The summital structure is composed with seven different platforms, all those floors are going from the most to the less higher ! This is the main specificity of the Dimberg site ... So, we don't want to wait more, we will go discovering this fantastic site : so, go !

Getting There

Dimberg



The fastest and easiest access, for reaching the Dimberg, is to park your car at Völkersweiler, near the horses-house (caution : very small and dangerous road ! ). From there, you have to walk in the western direction, with following the main way of Dimbach. When you are arriving at a big cross, you have to look for the hiking mark " 30 " (which is situated in a white circle, on a small tree ! ) ... You will not being attentive, on the others marks and ways (Lindelbrunn to the left, Dimbach straight of you and Lug to the right). You have to find, between straight and right, the very small path, which is penetrating in a very deep and savage forest. Then, you will find at your right, very small foots traces, which will bringing you, at the base of the massive climbing pillar. For reaching the summital parts, you have, to the best, to follow the small path, which is climbing on the northern slope of the Dimberg mountain. You can equally reaching the summit by the south, but it will be longer, harder, wilder ... You have to be experimented for doing this southern ascent ! The northern one, is easier and faster, of course ! You can still reaching the Dimberg, from Dimbach, but it's too long, especially when you are walking on the very long woody and rocky crest ...

Red Tape

Dimberg



The hikers and the climbers will be very happy to learn the fact, that the Dimberg wasn't still closed to the public (against peregrines nestings and breedings) ! The neary Rötzenberg is unfortunately the poor subject of this very restrictive politic ... The peregrine is a fabulous falcon, which is crying very strong, which is flying very fast ... He's in a big danger, with pollutions, pesticids and chemical objects, kills, ... So, the Rhineland Palatinate had taken the decision, to keep the peregrines in cool and calm situation, with practicing regulary, publical closures and forbiddenings (protection areas) !

Except the peregrine falcon (which was still not see at the Dimberg ! ), the palatian rocks are hidden a very rich and remarkable flora, like for examples : sylvester and bonsaïs pines, callunas, farns of all dimensions, mooses and lichens, white and silver cladonias, ... The Dimberg is less known by the public and this is the reason, why the site is still good preserved. The summital part is, sometimes, the poor object of climbing meetings (and destructions, with glas bottles of bier ! ). One time, in this summer 2009, I was on the Dimberg and I found 41 glas bottles of bier (marks : Radler and Pils ! ). It's a very big horror, of course ! It was sure, that climbers were doing this ! If only I was there, for catching and hitting those very bad and unhuman persons ...

http://www.pfaelzer-kletterer.de
http://www.vosges-palatinat.com

Panorama

Dimberg



The Dimberg is offering one of the most remarkable panoramas, in all the neary sector ! From the summit of the mountain (altitude of 419 meters), you will discover in the northern direction, a fabulous panorama : you will also recognize Wernersberg, the Geiersteinfels climbing massive, the fort of Trifels, the Rehberg observatory-summit, the Asselstein climbing tower, the numerous summits which are dominating the Queich valley (examples : Rindsberg, Rothenberg, Hohenberg, Adelberg, Orensberg, Heischberg, Ebersberg, Kehrenkopf, ... ) ! At the east and the south, you will see Völkersweiler, the Engelmannsfels, the Eichelberg, the Treutelsberg, the Leberstein, the Madenburg castle, the Wetterberg, the Schletterberg, the Hahnstein rock and, especially, straight of you, the two big mountains of Immersberg and ... Rötzenberg !!! Giant. The panorama of the Dimberg is to see in big emergency : your mouth will falling open and your eyes too ! A huge massive success ...

Main Infos

Real name : DIMBERG / WEHRFELSEN
Location : Dimbach
Altitude : 419 meters
Total height : 58 meters
Dimensions category : GIANT (4 of 4)
Marked path : NO
Access at the bases : YES
Climbing possibilities : YES
Access at the summit : YES
Panorama : YES
Natural shelter (s) : YES
Protection restrictions : NO
Dangers : HEIGHT / EXPOSURE / WILD FLORA / LONELYNESS
Main exposure : SOUTH

External Links

For more infos about the palatian rocks, please visit the next websites :

http://www.pfaelzer-kletterer.de
http://www.vosges-palatinat.com
http://www.wanderportal-pfalz.de
http://www.dahner-felsenland.net
http://www.dav-felsinfo.de

Photos

Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg
Dimberg