Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 48.89190°N / 121.5943°W
Additional Information Elevation: 7191 ft / 2192 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Mt. Sefrit is the high point on Nooksack Ridge, giving climbers commanding views of this area of the North Cascades - Ruth Valley, Ruth Mountain, Mt. Baker, the upper Nooksack River Valley, Nooksack cirque, and a closeup of the breathtaking North Face of Mt. Shuksan. Although similar views can be had from nearby Ruth Mt and Hannegan Peak, Mt Sefrit offers the incentives of solitude, variety, and greater physical and technical challenges. It's close proximity to the Hannegan Pass trailhead make this a very accessible and rewarding day climb.

Getting There


Drive Highway 542 past he DOT station to the turnoff for the Hannegan Pass Trail and follow the dirt road to the end (see directions to Ruth Mt). Hike the Hannegan Pass Trail for about 1.5 miles. Nooksack Ridge and Mt Sefrit are directly SW across the valley. This is a good spot to view most of the climbing route.

Red Tape


No climbing permit is required, but a Northwest Forest Pass is requested to park at the trailhead. These are available at the Glacier Public Service Center just outside of the town of Glacier.

When To Climb


The best seasons to climb are June through September. The accessibility of Mt Sefrit make it a possible winter climb, but avalanche danger and a highly corniced summit ridge can make this a treacherous winter and early season objective.

Camping


There is a primitive National Forest campground at the trailhead with a privy, tables, small shelter, and Ruth Creek nearby.

Mountain Conditions


Trail and road conditions can be found by calling the Glacier Public Service Center at (360)599-2714, or on the internet at www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/cond.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.