Hardtop

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Hardtop
Manufacturer Native Eye Wear
Page By Erik Beeler
Page Type Nov 2, 2005 / Nov 2, 2005
Object ID 1467
Hits 3779
Vote
Native's most technically advanced sunglasses! Polarized for sun and glare protection, four pairs of lenses and an interchangeable sports band!



A unique interchangeable lens system lets you switch lenses without having to put your fingers all over the lens. Polarized Crystal Carbonate® lenses have the strongest hard coating available to protect against scratching.



Rhyno-Tuff® AIR frames are engineered to endure extreme highs and lows in temperature.



Also includes interchangeable Gator-Lok® temples with elastic strap to keep glasses secure for extreme terrain or activities.Cam-action spring hinges allow the temples to quickly lock into position.



P.C.C.® lenses pass the rigorous ANSI Z80.3 tests for optical clarity and impact resistance while blocking 100% of harmful UVA and UVB light. They include 4 sets of lenses: Polarized for superior glare reduction, Orange Crystal (57% Visual Light Transmittance) for moderate to low light, Yellow Crystal (80% VLT) for low light and Clear Crystal (98% VLT) for very low light to night time



Self-adjusting Cushinol™ nosepads and ear stems create a non-slip grip that keeps sunglasses in place, ensuring a soft feel and custom fit.



A venting system is incorporated into the frame design to enhance airflow and virtually eliminate fog and condensation.



Native Eyewear is so confident in their sunglasses that they back them up with an unprecedented lifetime warranty.



Best fits a medium to a large profile.





If your Native Eyewear sunglasses EVER fail for any reason other than loss, including scratched lenses, Native will repair or replace your sunglasses and incur all costs to ship them back to you within the United States. A $20 processing fee is required for each warranty claim.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Erik Beeler - Nov 2, 2005 11:16 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
While these are not winter mountaineering style sun glasses I have used them in the mountains during the summer. I love these sun glasses. They are comfortable, durable and all the lenses, including the clear, are polarized. I bought this style because they wrapped around my face a bit more. Also they seemed to fit my narrow face despite being listed as medium. The nose is comfortable and the temples have never made me want to take them off.



Speaking of the temples they are removeable and exchangeable. If you want easy on easy off use the standard temples. These are a bit more comfortable. If you want to make sure they stay on your head the switch them to the temples with the built in head strap. Also comfortable.



It took me a few trys to figure out the lens changing system but now its fast and easy and I have not had a lens pop out on me yet.



The flexible frames have proven very durable even when I sat on them! The unexpected benifit of the exchangeable temples is that they come off when abused and, in my case, keep the frames from being twisted out of shape.



So far, in six months, I have not seen any scratches on my lenses.



It is also very nice that there is a full lifetime warrenty. 20 bucks is much cheaper than replacing them at retail if, when, they get destroyed!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1