Smith interchangeable shield lens system for total vision in varied light conditions. Designed for high performance sports, these sportshields are often used by cyclists.
- Face-hugging wrap frames minimize the effects of wind, snow, and glare. Durable nylon frames direct air over insides of lenses to keep them fog-free.
- Each Smith shield includes three interchangeable shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses for instant adaptability to various light conditions; Platinum for bright sun, Gold Lite for cloudy days, Clear for dusk and dawn. All lenses provide 100% UVA adn UVB protection. Replacement lens are available at $19.99 a piece.
- Face-hugging Grilamid nylon frames and temples are extremely comfortable and durable; built-in browbar air dam reduces internal fogging.
- Hydrophilic Megol nosepads provide less slippage and more grippage. Hydrophilic nosepiece holds glasses securely and becomes tackier the wetter it gets.
- Includes soft case.
- Frame Color Options: ruby, black.
- PM 15 - Platinum (VLT) 15%: Our Sienna brown lens tint with a silver flash mirror cuts light and glare by reflecting it away from the eye. 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- GL 55 - Gold Lite (VLT) 55%: An outstanding multi-purpose lens tint that filters reflected blue light to provide superior contrast, shadow definition and depth perception in bright, overcast and flat light conditions. 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- C 98 - Clear (VLT) 98%: The ideal lens for nighttime use. 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- UV C (short-wave, high-energy 100-280nm) radiation is typically absorbed by the atmosphere in the ozone layer and not genreally a concern for low land activities. The ozone layer has been estimated at 15-64km (49,200-210,000 feet).