Jasper

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Jasper
Manufacturer Adidas
Page By clarity
Page Type Jan 23, 2004 / Jan 23, 2004
Object ID 983
Hits 3333
Vote
The consummate adventurer. These provide highly functional mountaineering and outdoor eye protection. The special filter color brown #4 is designed for extreme sun conditions. Ultra-light SPX frames with a wide field of vision and optimal protection. Exchangeable temples can be replaced with a headband. Removable face padding and nose protection for full protection against the sun and wind. Interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions. Their 10-base Masters PC lens filters with anti-fog coating are more than strong enough for use on glaciers. They have already been put through their paces on the highest mountains and most extreme tours. Package consists of basic frame, adjustable strap, 1 pair of antifog lenses, soft foam pad and nose cover.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

clarity - Jan 23, 2004 2:40 am - Voted 2/5

Untitled Review
Bought as a back-up pair of glacier glasses and to use if goggles became necessary.



Fit very comfortably (when not using the foam padding) with the normal temples as sunglasses. There is an optional insert for prescription glass wearers that worked ok without the foam padding and became more difficult to use when using the foam padding and the elastic headband in "goggle" mode due to fogging.

Comes also with a nose guard that can only be attached when using the snap-in foam padding.

Top quality case



Too pricey and not convenient enough to recommend.

HappyCamper - Nov 10, 2007 12:28 pm - Voted 4/5

Very comfortable
I have these with the prescription insert and they work great for summer mountaineering (with the foam padding). Also used them for skiing without the padding, and that didn't cause eye irritation because not a lot of extra light got in. The insert system is to be preferred over prescription lenses, as they'll heavily deform your view when water gets on them.

Down side: The coating on the lenses cannot stand water, so I'm now on my 3rd pair for both the cat 3 and cat 4. Adidas replaced them free of charge, only had to pay for the last pair of cat 4, but a reasonable price (EUR 30) after 5 years. Headband doesn't fit with my helmet, so I use the "legs mode" with a cord.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2