Reflex

 

Reflex
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Reflex
Manufacturer Julbo
Page By CharlesD
Page Type Dec 21, 2004 / Jan 24, 2007
Object ID 1206
Hits 4372
Vote
Mid-range, multi-sport sunglasses. Nylon frames with secure, low-profile temples. Comes with zippered case and four sets of polycarbonate lenses: blue tint (95% transmission), yellow (50% transmission), Cat-3 grey (15% transmission), and Cat-4 grey (5% transmission). Non-polarized. Lenses snap securely into frame. Frame colors are silver, black, and blue.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

CharlesD - Dec 21, 2004 11:33 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I've been looking for a good pair of all-purpose glasses for years now and this is almost it. I have a broad nose bridge and most glasses sit higher on my face than they should to block out snow glare and wind. The Reflexes are long enough that they provide good coverage without being ridiculously large. My only complaints are the the temples are bare plastic (rather than rubber coated) and can become slippery. Also, they have a fogging problem when I'm climbing hard and my eyebrows tend to leave oily spots on the upper portions of the lenses. Small ventilation holes in the corners of the lenses (a la Rudy Project glasses) might help with the fogging problem.



The interchangable lenses are a plus though it took me a while to get the hang of it. Also, the yellow lenses were slightly too large for the frame but fit okay once I sanded the edges down a bit. The Cat-3 lens is a good all-round lens and has served well in bright sun on snow conditions. The Cat-4 lenses are almost too dark for all but the brightest conditions. I haven't figured out what the blue is for. Perhaps biking at night.



All in all, a good set of specs, but not quite ideal. Price is reasonable and so far they seem quite tough.

lizrdboy - Mar 20, 2007 2:32 am - Voted 5/5

Great glasses
They are much more durable than my old Oakleys and the multiple lenses make them versatile enough for almost all conditions. The coverage is good enough that I can wear them on glaciers.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2