It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:59 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

a Question about BOOTS

so I am ready for some new boots. I am moving to Asheville, NC and will be hiking, camping, rock climbing, winter hiking, ice climbing(if I can find the southern ice), so I need to get a good new set of boots since my old pair are shot.

I used to have a pair of Vasque Sundowners that were comfy and durable. I am considering the Limmer Standard too.

So does anyone have any advice ...
Read more : a Question about BOOTS | Views : 4260 | Replies : 13

FS Bibler / Black Diamond Bipod

Like new condition $150 obo plus shipping. Here is the link to my local CL add.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/s ... 52808.html

Thanks for looking.
Read more : FS Bibler / Black Diamond Bipod | Views : 1290 | Replies : 0

Customer Service 101

So on a recent climb my Montrail CTC's blew out along the seam on the inside behind the big toe. I called Montrail and they gave me a runaround...I had to prove I had bought them within the last year (I only wore the shoes 6 days), then I could get credit for something else. Fortunately I could prove that I bought them thanks to Backcountry.com.
Then I just decided to return them to Backcountry. ...
Read more : Customer Service 101 | Views : 3032 | Replies : 11

FS: *PRICE REDUCED* Metolius double ledge/fly, haul bag

I have a bomb shelter double ledge in very good condition. It's only been used on one wall, Prodigal Sun in zion's (only slept in one night on the wall), and slept in two other nights in the local canyon to practice set up/take down. MSRP for the double ledge is $750, I am asking $450.

I am also selling the double fly for the ledge. It was set up on the ledge once, in ...
Read more : FS: *PRICE REDUCED* Metolius double ledge/fly, haul bag | Views : 1256 | Replies : 0

MH Compressor - $75 at STP

If you get the email coupons, Sierra's price on the Compressor is only $75 - best I've ever seen.
Read more : MH Compressor - $75 at STP | Views : 3876 | Replies : 13

Magellan explorist 100 GPS

Does anyone else have this GPS and have problems with it?
I got it per suggestions on this site, but it seems to take forever to track sattelites and therefore I cannot get or maintain a reading.

My interest in a GPS is solely for marking waypoints on big mountains or during winter climbing so I can find my way down in the event of a whiteout. So I want something minimalist with just the ...
Read more : Magellan explorist 100 GPS | Views : 841 | Replies : 0

WTB: Voile shovel and probe

Replacing old gear. Would like to purchase this:

Voile Telepro Avy Shovel

and this:

Voile Tourlight XL Avy Probe

Anyone have anything they'd like to part with?
Read more : WTB: Voile shovel and probe | Views : 1126 | Replies : 0

Spantiks vs. Vasque Radiator for Aconcagua, Denali, etc.?

Thoughts?

Reading some nice things about the Vasque Radiator, and I certainly like the price vs. the Spantiks.
Read more : Spantiks vs. Vasque Radiator for Aconcagua, Denali, etc.? | Views : 5009 | Replies : 5

Valandre or "something American"

I've been looking at sleeping bags long enough and spend many a cold night because I hadn't decided yet. With winter coming closer every day, I've decided that it's time to finally buy one.

Can't however decide what I want/need. I obviously want something that'll be able to do whatever I throw at it. But what am I going to do? Aconcagua, Elbrus, plenty of winter camping in the Alps, Denali, ... who knows! Valandere ...
Read more : Valandre or "something American" | Views : 6227 | Replies : 15

FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka, size S

A lightweight synthetic puffy with hood, lighter and warmer than the Patagucci Micropuff. Weighs about 11oz and compresses to the size of a soda can. Brand new and never worn as a little too small for me. Asking $130 shipped to lower 48 (MSRP $170).

The evolution of Montbell's U.L. ThermawrapTM Series continues. Updates to these well traveled pieces are based on beta received from countless wilderness devotees. We have sourced a new type ...
Read more : FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka, size S | Views : 3739 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557978 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136473