It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Giving up Andes pages - anybody interested in adoption?

Hi!

For time reasons I am giving up my
- Volcan San Jose
- Volcan Llaima and
- Cajon del Maipo Area pages.

If you are interested in adopting, please PM or post here.

Cheers!
Peter
Read more : Giving up Andes pages - anybody interested in adoption? | Views : 1160 | Replies : 0

Aconcagua-----before 2007

Hopefully, Name is Justin, would like to summit Aconcagua before 2007, atleast this is a goal set. Hear about deaths happening, makes me think. Anyway, just starting out here, don't know much about the mountain, awesome pictures in the meantime. Need a basic rundown of what I'm looking at from flight from U.S. and back. I have climbed Orizaba in Mexico (18,000 ft.) solo, and thought it to be a pretty straightforward and challenging climb. ...
Read more : Aconcagua-----before 2007 | Views : 5392 | Replies : 24

What's New - South America

I gave the Huascaran Sur page a real overhaul today, as it seems like the old maintainer has abandoned SP.
It was some time since I was there and I'm greatful for all corrections and help I can get with the page.
Read more : What's New - South America | Views : 15916 | Replies : 48

Cordillera Blanca, Summer 2006

I'm planning a trip to the Cordillera Blanca around mid-June to mid-July. I'm looking to for some partners to bag a few of those amazing peaks with. I don't have any specific mountains picked out yet, so I'm open for anything. I've done most my climbing so far in Utah's Wasatch mountains and have ice experience. I know several climbers that have climbed in the CB in the past and I can speak decent spanish. ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca, Summer 2006 | Views : 981 | Replies : 2

cordillera huaywash guides

My husband and I are planning a two week trek through the Cordillera Huayhuash during mid June. We're looking for recommendations for guiding companies with a good track record. Also, if you've done the trek... how many days did you spend on the trek, and how many rest/weather contingency days should we include?

Thanks!
-Sonya
Read more : cordillera huaywash guides | Views : 1206 | Replies : 3

Aconcagua, from base camp to base camp

Hello!

Is there a trail from Plaza de Mules base camp to Plaza Argentina? That is in case of traversing the mountain by starting from Plaza Argentina and ending it on descending the normal route to the base camp of the normal route.

Thank You!
Read more : Aconcagua, from base camp to base camp | Views : 2988 | Replies : 14

Swiss Climber dies on Aconcagua

A 55 year old Swiss climber died of pulmonary edema on Aconcagua on Jan 21st.

There is a paralell discussion going on in this thread.
<A HREF="http://www.summitpost.org/show/mread.pl?f_id=2&t_id=2781">http://www.summitpost.org/show/mread.pl?f_id=2&t_id=2781</A>.
Read more : Swiss Climber dies on Aconcagua | Views : 8560 | Replies : 41

Bolivian guides

I plan on being in La Paz some time in aug. and am looking for a good (local) guide. I have heard of Bolivian Journeys, can anybody recomend this company first hand? or second, or third?
thanks, Brendan
Read more : Bolivian guides | Views : 2029 | Replies : 2

Andes trip summer 2007

Hallo everybody!

I plan on travelling through the central Andes in summer 2007 (may-august) together with a friend, after finishing university. We plan on climbing peaks in cordillera real and cordillera blanca. Everything possible, except pure, steep ice climbing (70% plus). We both speak Spanish and travelled to SA before (I lived in Arequipa/Peru for 9 month in 2003). Experience is f.e. trekking around cerro torre/fitz roy on the hielo continental, andean peaks like Vallunaraju, ...
Read more : Andes trip summer 2007 | Views : 3517 | Replies : 6

Spanish climber dies 10m from Aconcagua Summit

<a href=http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/otros_deportes/montanismo/es/desarrollo/607543.html>Muere un joven escalador español en la cumbre del Aconcagua
</a>

It seems that cause of death was a sudden heart failure. Borja Oviedo was 30 years. RIP
Read more : Spanish climber dies 10m from Aconcagua Summit | Views : 2369 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557974 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136462