Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.35863°N / 13.89805°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Ice Climbing, Big Wall, Mixed, Scrambling, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6725 ft / 2050 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Geographical structure: Eastern Alps > Julian Alps > Triglav group.

Visevnik belongs to the group of some mountains which lie between from north a valley of Krma nad from the south a plateau Pokljuka.(This plateau is a wonderland for cross-country skiing in winter (usually there are kilometers of well prepared tracks).
There are a lot of 2000`s summits. The ridge of this group of mountains starts with Debela pec (2014m) on the NE and goes in way to the SW to the last mountain Tosc (2275m). Here are also Brda (2009m) , Mali Draski vrh (2132m), Veliki Draski vrh (2243m). There are more summits but there are not so important.
Visevnik does not belong to the main ridge above the valley of Krma but is more to the south and it leads in the secondary ridge to the south from Mali Draski vrh.

Visevnik is high 2050 metres and it is one of most popular and visited mountain in Slovenia because it is not very hard to come on its summit.

Visevnik is visited in summer and in winter.
In summer you meet any sort of people from kids to the "veterans", families... In winter Visevnik is a very popular skiing mountain and its slopes are for tour skiing very beautiful. Not to steep but enough for enjoying.


View from Visevnik

Visevnik is a place with a fine view!

From Visevnik you see all the mountains above the plateau Pokljuka and also Kamnik Alps and Karavanke group. Triglav is from here just wonderful!

Getting There

You come to the plateau Pokljuka from the Bled or from the Bohinj valley. With car you drive to the barracks on the Rudno polje. From Bled is 22 kilometers. On the barracks is a signpost with inscription Triglav. We follow that road to the small skiing area where we park by first ski lift.

Maps:

Julijske Alpe - Vzhodni del (Eastern part). Planinska zveza Slovenije. 1:50000.
Julijske Alpe - Triglav. Planinska zveza Slovenije. 1:20000.

Red Tape

The whole Eastern Julian Alps are national parc. You can drive by the above mentioned roads at no fee. This park is called Triglavski Narodni park.


When To Climb

In summer the best conditions are from June to the September. For tour skiing usually the best conditions are from first snow in December to the March but snow usually lies there until April.
But the best conditions for tour skiing are when powder falls and if you are first on the top of mountain. =)

Anyway the mountain can be climbed in any time.

Camping

On Pokljuka plateau you can sleep in Sport Hotel.
On Uskovnica, on 1154 meters, there's a mountain hut: Planinska koca na Uskovnici, Mobile: +38631 341 814 or +38650 645 528. Stationary: +386 4 572 32 13. The hut has 46 beds and is opened from start of June till mid October.
In Krma valley, on 870 meters, there's a mountain hut called: Kovinarska koca. Stationary: +386 4 580 63 96. The hut has 15+12 beds and is opened from start of June till end of September.
If you are arriving from the central part of Triglav group, you can also use Vodnikov dom on Velo polje, 1817m. 53 beds, winter room with 10 beds. Opened from begin of June till mid of October. Cell phone.: (050) 615621, stationary phone: (04) 5723213.
There are camping places in Bohinj valley and in Sava valley.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pokljuka GroupMountains & Rocks