Achar de Alano

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.84123°N / 0.78861°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Big Wall, Scrambling, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6886 ft / 2099 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

From Tatxeras parking


The Achar de Alano is an impressive tower over the Tatxeras plains, from where it looks an inaccessible peak without climbing, but the reallity is different thanks to Tatxeras passage, that permit acces without complications (30 degrees in winter) to the south face, along which the normal route goes .
To reach the summit of Achar de Alano is only necessary (by the normal route, south face) a little scrambling (about 5 meters) of I degree.
Outside the south face all the Achar de Alano routes are very complicates and requires climbing.


Alanos range


West part of Alanos range






























Closing by the south the ridge that begins in Auñamendi (2507m) the Alanos range (sierra de los Alanos) is an important mountain alignment. Over Zuriza valley the Alanos range looks like an inaccessible wall that is impossible to go through.
Really the wall of Alanos range is possible to go through thanks to two principal passages:




Canaletas de Ruzkia

(Ruzkia canals) Between Ruzkia (2074m) and Ralla de Alano, 35 degrees in winter
Canaletas de Ruzkia
















Paso de Tatxeras

(Tatxeras passage) Between Achar de Alano (2099m) and Agujas de Alano, 30 degrees in winter
Paso de Tatxeras




Getting There

The normal route to reach the summit of Achar de Alano begins in a parking near Zuriza called Tatxeras (1270m)

From Pamplona:

You have to go by the road N-240 60 kilometres
more or less (some of them flanking Yesa swam) to a place with a petrol station where the road to Sigues begins. Follow that road (NA-137) 30 kilometres more or lest crossing small villages to the most important village of Roncal valley, Isaba (814m) From Isaba follow 3 kilometres to the north (by the road that ascents to Puerto de Belagua) and turn right on the crossing marked as Zuriza/Ansó This road (NA-2000) will take you across the valley of Belabarce and then ascents to Puerto de Argibiela (1290m)
Then the road descents some meters to Zuriza. Continue some meters by the road that takes you to Linza hut to a crossing to the right marked as Tatxeras. Take that crossing and follow the road 3 kilometres to Tatxeras parking.

Tatxeras parking, under Ruzkia peakTatxeras parking

Red Tape

No permits requiered

Places to sleep

At 3 km of Tatxeras parking, in Zuriza there is a camping. In the valley of Belagua another one.
At 8 km is Linza hut

When to climb

Is possible to climb all the year, but in winter after bigs snowfalls there is avalanche risk, principally in Paso de Tacheras.
In winter don't forget crampons and piolet.
The ascent by Canaletas de Ruzkia with ice is a little delicated.
Tatxeras passage



Weather and mountain conditions

Weather in Isaba
Mountain conditions in Pirineo Navarro
(in spanish)

External Links

Achar de Alano by Mendikat (in spanish)


East face of Achar de Alano

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Apr 17, 2009 5:11 am - Voted 10/10

coordenadas cima

42.84123 -0.78861

RicardoEchanove1

RicardoEchanove1 - Apr 17, 2009 5:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: coordenadas cima

Gracias Rafa, las pongo ahora mismo

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: Belagua-HechoMountains & Rocks