Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.22110°N / 11.47900°E
Additional Information Elevation: 8156 ft / 2486 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Cimon of Val Moena is in Val di Fiemme, belongs to Lagorai group, is a huge pyramid and is situated between Val Moena and Val Forame.
Getting it requires some experience and fit, some exposed passages, some problem finding the path ... not for tourists
Wonderful panorama on the near mountains with the Paion del Cermis (cablecar sadly famous all over the world) the Cimon del To della Trappola, the Castel di Bombasel, the Cimon della Roa, Cimon delle Buse dell'Or, Cimon di Busa della Neve, the spectacular pyramid of the Cima delle Stellune, the Cimon del Terzo and so on and, below, you can see, among wild rocks, the green lake of Forame.
The environment is wild, maybe one of the finest in lagorai group.






Getting There

by car using the autoroute A22 (Brennero-Modena)
  • get out a Egna/Ora and follow the SS48 (Dolomiti road) to Cavalese
  • get out at Trento nord, go along the SS12 and when in Lavis, follow for Val di Cembra and Cavalese
    by bus using the public transportation of Trentino Trasporti
    Tickets available directly on the bus
    by train
    along tha railway Bolzano-Ora F.S.-Cavalese-Predazzo
    Info: 1678/46047






    Accomodations

    no need, the starting point to get the summit is a car parking that can be reached from Cavalese along a white road that after having crossed the "torrente Avisio" goes on till "Ponte Brustolaie"


    When To Climb

    in every season

    Hiking route

    1120 m difference in elevation, almost 6 hours walk required.
    From Brustolaie bridge (1220m) on the left along the Val Moena stream till Malga Caore (1706m)
    On to Malga Nuova (1744m) and to Stalla Vecchia (1859m)
    Follow the path 317/B, on the right, along some steep meadows to the Baito del Comon (1970m) and till the saddle (2318m)
    Follow the large stone ridge till the summit.

    Coming down follows the 317/B path along the Val Forame passing through fine hoods.
    Follow for Malga Forame Alta, Baito del Pignaro and Casera delle Capre to get back the starting point.


    Tourists info

    Val di Fiemme information
    Panoramic shots 360°
    Dolomiti meteo
    Meteotrentino

    maps

    Tabacco 1:25.00 Val di Fiemme Lagorai-Latemar



    BORN TO BE WILD

    ©2006 Tiziana Ciaghi

    External Links




  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

    Lagorai GROUPMountains & Rocks